Just watched the trailer for Brave. Looking at the serious visual upgrade it is from the already beautiful pixar productions, I don't fault them at all for sliding a cash-in movie to likely help fund it.

• 1 month later...

Finally got to watch this movie tonight and I must say it's not as bad as the critics say. Many people complained about Mater hogging screen time with his slapstick and toilet humor, but I looked past that and paid more attention to the level of detail of the animation plus all of the cultural aspects depicted in each setting. I also like the fact that it's a clever homage to the spy film genre, and having watched The IPCRESS File months prior really paid off. Granted, Michael Caine's role of Finn McMissile is no Harry Palmer, but it's much better than having to sit through Pierce Brosnan's last two James Bond 007 movies. Too bad Bruce Campbell's role was rather short; but then again, he's probably used to that already.

Cars 2 is definitely not the best Pixar work and people will say it's their worst, but it's still an enjoyable film for all car enthusiasts.