Yamato 1/60 VF-11C Modifications

Valkyrie Driver

I'm wanting to do some modifications to my Yamato 1/60 VF-11C, and I need some help, advice, tips, tricks, voodoo, whatever.

I'm gonna list the projects I want to undertake:

1. Custom Gunpod with anti armor bayonet (similar to the VF-11B)

2. Underwing hardpoints and custom missiles, or hardpoints for VF-0/1 ordinance

3. Protect Aromor

two of these sound ambitious to me, the first not so much. any advice on materials, methods, or anything would be awesome...

Sounds like you'll need a lot of styrene, some bondo (or other gap material to curve and smooth out). Also, make sure you have plenty of tools, like sand paper (different grits), files, exacto knife, drill bits, whatever you think you might use, and then some. there's always a tool I don't have that I could use, and I have quite a few. You'll also need a good glue. Most important, you'll need to do your plans first and foremost...figure out what you want to do, draw it out, and plan ahead. That way, you come up with the better solutions to any issues before working on the fly and figure it out later, after you may make an inferior choice. The armor piece sounds very ambitious, but if you pull it off, or start work on it, we'd love to see pics of your work in progress.

I think the hardpoints should be simple. Just find styrene rod that has a decent diameter in the open space inside, and trim the rod to the desired thicknes, then use a strong gap filling glue, or resin to hood them in place.