1/100 DYRL (GREEN) HEAVY ARTILLARY BATTLEPOD BBTS.COM EXCLUSIVE

ae_productions

EXCLUSIVE DYRL HEAVY ARTILLERY BATTLE POD <===Click to see/order

29.99 + shipping. Cheaper than the San Diego Comic Con DYRL exclusive.

So far, here is the 1/100 Toynami Battle Pod (Regult) checklist...

1/100 Battle Pod (TV) white/blue Mass On-Line Retail (Regult)

1/100 Heavy Artillery battle pod. (TV) white/blue Mass On-Line Retail (Regult)

1/100 DYRL GREEN Battle Pod (Comic Con Exclusive) 2010 Comic Con only (Regult)

1/100 DYRL GREEN Heavy Artillery Battle Pod (BBTS* exclusive) (Regult)

* BBTS = Big Bad Toy Store. Direct Link above to see picture and/or order

We know there are a few other Battle Pods in the works.

Such as...

Light Artillery TV blue/white (Regult)

Light Artillery DYRL Green (Regult)

and a GLAUG! (Officer's Battle Pod, for the Robotech fans out there). <====Click to see pic!

Edited by ae_productions

GLAUG!!!!!!

Please make sure you make it right! We've not seen a new product of it in 20 years, and I wonder if we would in the coming 20.

The pictures I've seen of the 1/100 Glaug look amazing! It'll be a bigger toy than the Regult, so it'll be more expensive. But the regult is only 20 - 30 bucks, so the Glaug can't be too much more?

I'd love to get a few Glaugs. I'm building a small 1/100 army. B))

HG has the rights to Macross outside of Japan. Since they made Robotech that's how they prefer to badge things but lately Macross has proven more marketable than Robotech so they're starting to release things as Macross products.

It seems that Harmony Gold is utilizing a different market strategy than that. To me, it appears Harmony Gold is attempting to separate and treat Macross and Robotech as two completely separate IP's. Which, in all fairness, they are. From a marketing strategy, by splitting the two Intellectual Properties into two franchises is ideal, and is maximizing their market potential.

The 1/100 TV Battlepods are still going strong, under the label of Robotech. Harmony Gold is simultaneously releasing repaints of the same mold under the Macross label. For example, the Robotech Battlepods are white and blue, and the Macross battlepods are white and green. As Macross/Robotech/Mospeada collectors, we are all too familiar with milking a mold. It's a similar approach here, but instead of just using different paints to sell the same mold, they are creating two different IP's (or labels) in which to sell these toys.

I could be wrong, but to me this seems to be Harmony Gold's marketing strategy. I don't think they are selling under the Macross label because they find it more profitable than Robotech. In fact, it appears to be the opposite.

The Robotech label seems to target the "mass market" (if you can call internet sales and small comic shops a mass market) and the Macross toys seem to be specific store or convention exclusives. This indicates they are targeting a niche consumer with the Macross IP, and going after the "mass market" with the Robotech IP. This strategy seems to appeal "smaller" audience with the Macross toys, and a "broader" audience with the "mass" Robotech releases.

Food for thought.

Edited by ae_productions