Kurt Russell as Han Solo...?

bsu legato

http://www.timewarptv.com/site/programs/St...s_Screen_Tests/

Now don't get me wrong, Harrison Ford is, and always will be Han Solo. However, if he had not happened to have been working in the building that fateful day, I'd say that Kurt Russell would have been the next best choice to play the role.

The other auditions...? Well, let's just say that they deserve to remain buried by the sands of time.

http://www.timewarptv.com/site/programs/St...s_Screen_Tests/

Now don't get me wrong, Harrison Ford is, and always will be Han Solo. However, if he had not happened to have been working in the building that fateful day, I'd say that Kurt Russell would have been the next best choice to play the role.

The other auditions...? Well, let's just say that they deserve to remain buried by the sands of time.

Ever seen the skit on SNL with Kevin Spacey when they did a parody of these? Christopher Walken auditioning for Solo, Walter Matthau auditioning for Obi-Wan, etc... That was one of the funniest things I've seen on SNL in years.

YUP. That was a GREAT SNL skit.......Christopher Walken > :ph34r:

What about the role of Indiana Jones?

They ORIGINALLY intended Tom Selleck to play the role of our favorite INDY. Since Tom had prior responsibilities to Magnum P.I they had to go for another person (keep in mind that Tom was the choice of Steven Spielberg).

It was George Lucas that suggested Harrison Ford play the role (I wonder why? :p ).

...and on a related subject.

Word has it that George Clooney is chasing the role of the BIG SCREEN version of Magnum P.I.

Apparently it's the one role that he has always wanted to play.......

Apparently it's the one role that he has always wanted to play.......

That's what he said about the Jim West character in the Wild Wild West... They wanted to give him the Gordon part instead and gave the part to Will Smith... history from then on...

I would imagine that Kurt Russell would have played the Han Solo part exactly the way he played the Jack Burton character.

Edited by >EXO<

Here's a real kick in the head. Can you picture Indiana Jones as portrayed by Tom Selleck?

That's who Spielberg wanted. Tom wanted to Indy. Tom was contacturally obligated to do Magnum PI. Tom had to turn it down.

Spielberg didn't know who he would get. He went to the movies. saw Empire Strikes Back. He saw Harrison Ford up there, and knew he found his Indy.

I remember this from a story on Entertainment Tonight, years ago

Here's a real kick in the head. Can you picture Indiana Jones as portrayed by Tom Selleck?

That's who Spielberg wanted. Tom wanted to Indy. Tom was contacturally obligated to do Magnum PI. Tom had to turn it down.

Spielberg didn't know who he would get. He went to the movies. saw Empire Strikes Back. He saw Harrison Ford up there, and knew he found his Indy.

I can add more to that story. I saw a special on A&E a few weeks ago on Selleck and he actually could have done Raiders of the Lost Ark because of a strike (I forget by who) that delayed the start of filming of the pilot of Magnum PI by a couple of months which would have made it feasible for Tom to do both of them. I think the reason he didn't was because he didn't find out about the strike until it was too late and Ford had already committed by then. I still think Harrison Ford was the better choice anyway.

Here's a real kick in the head.  Can you picture Indiana Jones as portrayed by Tom Selleck?

That's who Spielberg wanted.  Tom wanted to Indy.  Tom was contacturally obligated to do Magnum PI.  Tom had to turn it down.

Spielberg didn't know who he would get.  He went to the movies.  saw Empire Strikes Back.  He saw Harrison Ford up there, and knew he found his Indy.

I can add more to that story. I saw a special on A&E a few weeks ago on Selleck and he actually could have done Raiders of the Lost Ark because of a strike (I forget by who) that delayed the start of filming of the pilot of Magnum PI by a couple of months which would have made it feasible for Tom to do both of them. I think the reason he didn't was because he didn't find out about the strike until it was too late and Ford had already committed by then. I still think Harrison Ford was the better choice anyway.

I guess he thought it would have been a nice boost in his career (even though he was a big star then) but I think it would have been less of a movie without Harrison Ford. He did that Quigley film, which was almost the same guy in a hat genre... :p

I really could do without another sequel though...