8.8 RICHTER EARTHQUAKE IN CHILE

HI

I don't know where to post this but I think that is important in inform to all you what is happening here in chile.

I'm an old member on MWF and I have many friends here. I want to inform to all of you, that I'm ok, there is about 800 dead people in about 7 cities.

the military has taken the city to ensure the security because the vandals are taking ther supermarket, storage, deparmet store, etc.

PLEASE DONT ERRASE THIS POST, JUST MOVE IT, TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT IS HAPPEND HERE AND TO LINK WITH SOME ONE ERE IN CHILE THAT YOU KNOW.

I'M THE ONLY MWF MEMBER POSTING FROM CONCEPCION (THE ONE OF THE MOST DAMAGE CITY AND WITH STATE OF WAR DECLARE BY THE PRESIDENT)

I BEGING TO GRAHAM AND THE MOD, PLEASE MAKE A SUB FORUM OR SOMETHING TO INFORM THIS... PLEASE DONT DELETE THIS POST!!!!

BYE!!!

Hi Max, My family lives in Mendoza, Argentina, at the other side of the Andes (I know you know, but there are members here who does not) and they felt it as a 6.

Six is very strong and unusual for them and a six killed many people there back in 1985. I was there when it happened so I can't even imagine what an 8.8 should feel like . Just so people here who (fortunately) had never been in an earthquake have a slight idea, the one that almost wiped out Mexico City (where I live now) in 1985, was also a six something. I know the clay-like soil here doesn't help, but it's still a miracle that the disaster wasn't ever bigger.

I hope that ConcepciĆ³n gets back to normal soon.