Macross Animation Part 2: Hard Fight

ron5864

Ron, man I declare, you just never cease to amaze me! You are always doing some of the most innovative stuff on these boards; your skill set runs deep! From scratchbuilding to animation, it would seem that you are your own studio.

Nickname time...hmm, let's see? I got it - BIG EAST PRODUCTIONS!

Sorry, Ron...that's my new name for you and there's nothing you can do about it!

Ron, man I declare, you just never cease to amaze me! You are always doing some of the most innovative stuff on these boards; your skill set runs deep! From scratchbuilding to animation, it would seem that you are your own studio.

Nickname time...hmm, let's see? I got it - BIG EAST PRODUCTIONS!

Sorry, Ron...that's my new name for you and there's nothing you can do about it!

Hehe thanks...Big East Productions sounds great. Too bad Bandai is not exactly sponsoring my animations. This hobby tends to get pricey!

But it's all for fun and for Macross and other animation fans.

BTW...there are some Gundam 00 references in this one. ;)

I think I caught all of your 00 refs... Which is sad, because I hated 00. (The only good thing was that SEE-SAW did an ED for it)

Fockon Stratos

Prototype 00

Shoulder-mounted Pink Beam of Doom

Launch Sequence (Of 00)

Gundam-style Eyelights

Hand reached out at the mothership

Not sure if that's all of them, but if there were vocal cues, I couldn't hear them. :lol:

Anyway, you did pretty damn good. Better is technically possible, but definitely not feasible. Good work, man. (Lessen the 00 refs, though :p)

I think I caught all of your 00 refs... Which is sad, because I hated 00. (The only good thing was that SEE-SAW did an ED for it)

Fockon Stratos

Prototype 00

Shoulder-mounted Pink Beam of Doom

Launch Sequence (Of 00)

Gundam-style Eyelights

Hand reached out at the mothership

Not sure if that's all of them, but if there were vocal cues, I couldn't hear them. :lol:

Anyway, you did pretty damn good. Better is technically possible, but definitely not feasible. Good work, man. (Lessen the 00 refs, though :p)

Haha, thanks SchizophrenicMC...you got almost all of the Gundam 00 references. :lol:

This is kind of an inside joke for Macross fans since Shoji Kawamori was inspired by Gundam anime, and the original Macross series/movie shared so much of the sound effects with the Gundam series as well.

So this was just a nod back to that original Macross/Gundam relationship. hehe...

I can't believe I didn't weigh in on this. This is awesome. Not just because it's awesome, but because stop-motion is such an art that is all but forgotten by many today. Working with practicals is rewarding in a way that CGI never is, and there is always a tangibility to the final product. Go get 'em!

• 2 weeks later...

ron5864,

Thanks for making my month(birthday month, actually) and I'm sure some others! I've had just enough down-time & net access to catch up on the MW goodness I've been out of touch with.

I'm really homesick for Okinawa & Deculture[although working amidst daily combat sorties & REAL, 30mm autocannon sound-effects around me make it a bit bearable! B)) ]. But your 11 mins of stop motion/soundtrack/edits/transitions was JUST AS FRIkKEN ENGROSSING AS THE ORIGINAL SERIES!!! WTF! Big sh*t eating grin on my face the whole time!

Add to the fact that I just got back in touch with a certain H.S. friend last night after almost 18 yrs! He was my scifi/space opera/mecha anime buddy who introduced me to Macross & VFs in the summer of '84---back in Manhattan, when the Towers still stood and the Forbidden Planet and a handfull of other shops around town were "it" for anime.

The particular significance is that I've had his original VHS copy of DYRL since 1992 & never got to return it to him before we went in different directions. I can't wait to return it to him!

Keep developing your arts; you might be a part of a "live action Macross" retelling some years hence...when the VF/mecha designs are considered 'period piece', and a 100 people can accuse you on the InterTubez of "stealing your homage story" from visionaries like Carl Macek, Alpha Plan, etc...(ie: Cameron & 'Avatar').

:D :D :D

ron5864,

Thanks for making my month(birthday month, actually) and I'm sure some others! I've had just enough down-time & net access to catch up on the MW goodness I've been out of touch with.

Thanks Vespaeda. I am already starting work on Part 3 A New Frontier. Hopefully, I can do animation on other mecha anime, like Full Metal Panic or Code Geass, in the near future.

Stay safe out there.