broken 1/48 Yamato (nothing new here)

typhoon

As the title suggests I received a broken 1/48 Yamato Hikki VF-1S just before Christmas.

I have checked over the other topics in relation to damaged Yamato's and I couldn't find this specific issue so I apologize if I missed it.

I bought the 1/48 from Angolz (my first purchase with them). I thought the price was good and the shipping was reasonable so I took the jump....

This is where the story comes unstuck. As I slowly unwrapped my new prize I noticed hairline cracks on the lower portion of the intake. Thats below the hip joint and the pivot point when in Gerwalk mode. At first I thought I was seeing things, so I gently slid the legs out as if to transform into Gerwalk and the cracks started to open up (or flex) under the pressure.

Thats when I noticed the other leg had the same crack but on the inside of the leg!!

I have to say that this is my tenth 1/48 and I have over 20 of the V2 1/60's so I know some of the issues taht have been popping up but I haven't seen or heard of this problem before.

Just to be clear its the lower portion of the intake and the crack runs from the laser pod to about 1mm from the edge of this part. The other leg with inside crack runs just above the seem of the intake and right around to the top of where the two parts of the intake meet. These cracks are NOT on the intake part that joins to the hips or the front of the intake which has the intake covers.

Angolz have been really good about the whole thing, I sent a polite but concerned email and I had a response within hours.

I had to get some pictures and so forth but as soon as Angolz received the pictures they offered to replace the 1/48. The only catch was that I had to pay the shipping to return the Valk.

So far it has been about 7 days and I'm hoping my damaged Valk arrives Ok - as they wont ship the replacement until my damaged one arrives.

Fingers crossed that all goes to plan and I recieve my replacement next week.....