Question about Hasegawa Painting Guide

ChristopherB

Hello,

I did a search prior to posting this thread, and did not find a match. Perhaps my search criteria was off, and if a pertinent thread exists, please post the link.

My question specifically refers to the Hasegawa Macross VF-1S Strike Battroid "Minmay Guard" Limited Edition kit. I have built a lot of models during the past (20) years, and normally I just paint them whatever color I like, or bring a color reference with me to the hobby store and go with the best match.

This time, I want to do it right, and by the book, all though I'm sure some will say it is not necessary. I've done it every other way, so please post if you can answer my specific question.

Does the Hasegawa color guide provided in each model kit reference a specific brand of paint? If so, who, and where is the best place to obtain it? I'm familiar with the differences between acrylic paint and enamel, so that is not an issue. As we know different paint manufactures are prevalent in other geographical locations.

Obviously, the majority of the colors referenced are fairly generic. I mean, white is usually white, and silver is silver, but other colors can be intrinsic to the model kit. I have never heard of a color called "Radome," so perhaps it is a combination. I know what an actual "Radome" is, since I served in the military, but a V-1S does not have one.

The color guide provides reference numbers to correlate part with paint color, and then some Japanese text, and then what is most likely the English equivalent of the paint color.

I presume the "H" next to the number, just refers to "Hasegawa" since I know of no paint manufactures name that begins with an "H."

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

I use some of the Gunze Aqueous paints along with my Tamiya paints. All of which I buy at my local hobby shop. The Gunze Aqueous and the Mr. Color are virtually identical in color to each other. One is an acrylic and one is a Laquer paint.

capital_jay & Grayson72,

Thank you both for posting a reply. The information is greatly appreciated.

I was pretty sure that the numbers referred to a specific manufacturer, but I was not sure who. I remember reading that you could get pre-matched Gunze paints to go with certain Gundam kits at HLJ.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))