Question re: HLJ

Alain

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask this, but would like to ask what is the % of HLJ exchanging the product that is obviously a manufacturer issue? I know they would send replacement parts like the arms etc, but what if the defect is the part that is not replaceable, would they still exchange the item and having the buyer send the item back to Japan?

I know they have good customer service, I frequently shop at HLJ, first time I encountered this problem. I also read their return policies, but its nice to ask info first hand from the buyers re their experience.

Thanks!

Alain

It depends, but generally if the item is an utter write-off then they would just send out a replacement. You may only need to send a photo as proof. Not much benefit in them getting a broken toy back.

Problem is, their view on the situation. the canopy ( VF-1 ) will not close, it will just pop out and will not sit flush with the fuselage. I hope this is enough defect to warrant an exchange.

That's not a write-off then. You will have to write to them and wait for their response.

Yup, already emailed HLJ, lets just hope for the best and wait for their response nextweek.

Yup, already emailed HLJ, lets just hope for the best and wait for their response nextweek.

maybe instead of replacing it open the toy up to see if it is the canopy or you didn't transform it right or open the toy and fix it your self if you can then replace it

maybe instead of replacing it open the toy up to see if it is the canopy or you didn't transform it right or open the toy and fix it your self if you can then replace it

Yup it is the canopy, I have a few jet fighters here and one have this kind of problem.

Anyway if Hlj will not do anything with this, already ask for instruction from another hobbyist at the other forum, to fix my F-14 canopy, that like the valk, will not sit flush with the fuselage, lets see if his solution can be applied with the toy.

Edited by Alain

Is it fixable? Meaning is there just too much plastic somewhere that needs to be trimmed? What's causing it not to close.

I'd a problem with Bandai's VF-25G Michael, the pin in the hip wasn't pushed in like it should have been causing the hip / crotch to be slightly off. It would have been more hassle to send it back, so I just repaired it. A lot of simple stuff can be fixed, of course we shouldn't have to but sometime QC happens.

Yup it is the canopy, I have a few jet fighters here and one have this kind of problem.

Anyway if Hlj will not do anything with this, already ask for instruction from another hobbyist at the other forum, to fix my F-14 canopy, that like the valk, will not sit flush with the fuselage, lets see if his solution can be applied with the toy.

If you are having trouble with the VF-1D canopy not closing completely, you have to squeeze Hikaru's arms and push them between the instrument panels so he can sit lower. The instructions advise you to do that. I've seen a lot of reviews and pics of the VF-1D where the owner didn't get the canopy flush with the plane.

If it's another VF, as others said, I suggest you take a couple minutes to examine the toy. Sometimes you just need to make a minor adjustment or the toy is not properly transformed B))

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tips:). exhausted all possible ways to fix the problem ( Above suggestions taken into consideration ) pilot no pilot. nothing is wrong with the canopy, no excess plastics, burr etc. Transformation wise, not really and expert on toys, but owning a couple of 1/48s and the latest 1/60 V2s valks, makes transforming this toys is as easy as it can get.

just shipped back the package to HLJ, glad they accepted the return. now Im waiting for the replacement toy. an yes its a VF-1D.

Edited by Alain

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the tips:). exhausted all possible ways to fix the problem ( Above suggestions taken into consideration ) pilot no pilot. nothing is wrong with the canopy, no excess plastics, burr etc. Transformation wise, not really and expert on toys, but owning a couple of 1/48s and the latest 1/60 V2s valks, makes transforming this toys is as easy as it can get.

just shipped back the package to HLJ, glad they accepted the return. now Im waiting for the replacement toy. an yes its a VF-1D.

If you mentioned the problem is on VF-1D in the first place then you probably don't have to send it back. You probably will have the same problem again from the replacement if you can't figure out the extra instruction insert that comes with VF-1D on Hikaru figure.

If you mentioned the problem is on VF-1D in the first place then you probably don't have to send it back. You probably will have the same problem again from the replacement if you can't figure out the extra instruction insert that comes with VF-1D on Hikaru figure.

Yup. Il keep this in mind. Thanks!