Good grief, MW! look what you me do!

cannon_fodder674

just sitting at my pc all day, cant buy a valkyrie model kit. and then maya came to my life. ended up doing this:

post-12506-1254152417_thumb.jpg

now im loathe to finish this. maybe i could get this to transform someday lol

Looking good! :)

I couldn't do that if I wanted too. Or maybe I could if I even knew what Maya was :) Still... can you fill in some colors? Maybe make a custom? Minmey Gaurd or something? :)

Pete

thanks.

I didn't think I could do it either. it took me half a week, and i had search youtube for some how-to stuff.

I'll do the details and paintwork after I'm done with the model. Ive yet to finish on the underbelly (hence the perspective view -_-' )

Yo Cannon Fodder, I'ma let you finish. But Datterboy has one of the best CG Valks of the decade!

Har har. Schizo really made me say that, I couldn't help it. (See, I even dragged somebody else into it)

But seriously, nice work so far. I'm not much of a mechanical modeler myself, though I can eek by in a pinch. Just wanna say, if you want a challenge, come join Macross Aria, because I will put you TO WORK! I mean... er... we'll all collaborate and have fun making something really awesome.

Yo Cannon Fodder, I'ma let you finish. But Datterboy has one of the best CG Valks of the decade!

Har har. Schizo really made me say that, I couldn't help it. (See, I even dragged somebody else into it)

But seriously, nice work so far. I'm not much of a mechanical modeler myself, though I can eek by in a pinch. Just wanna say, if you want a challenge, come join Macross Aria, because I will put you TO WORK! I mean... er... we'll all collaborate and have fun making something really awesome.

So I herd u liek Macross.

Anywho, with a little more practice, I really think you could be a good addition to Aria. I mean, that model ain't too shabby and it's not even finished. So, with a little spit and polish for your skill, I completely agree with Che.

So I herd u liek Macross.

Anywho, with a little more practice, I really think you could be a good addition to Aria. I mean, that model ain't too shabby and it's not even finished. So, with a little spit and polish for your skill, I completely agree with Che.

Yep, I'm an old-school macross fan whos been lurking in this forum for a long time and scouring MW for pics and whatnot lol.

I doubt i can do anymore spit and polish with this model, seeing as my pc is kinda ancient. I've seen your work on aria, and i dont think i'm at par to that level yet -_-'>

@chillyche

yes I've seen datterboy's cg work and others too. apparently mine pales in comparison to theirs lol.

i added the forearm and shoulders in the underbelly, and shaped the foot thrusters.

valk5.jpg

valk6.jpg

again, this pose. It's looks kinda cool from this angle:

valk7.jpg

that's it. the next screenshot you see of this is either a finished or a junked one lol.

thanks for you sopport, MW.

that's it. the next screenshot you see of this is either a finished or a junked one lol.

thanks for you sopport, MW.

Hey, I'm excited to see how this thing turns out. Datterboy's model made me want to quit modeling completely when I first saw it. Then I realized, wait, no, it's inspirational!

Anyway, there's room for all skill levels with Aria. I'm nowhere near Rodavan or Datterboy or Aztek, but I think I did a snazzy job with that RMS-1 that I modeled. And there's need for a lot of stuff like that in the project, just so you know. It's not all super-high-poly hero models. We still need our 55mm shell casings, which nobody has stepped up to model yet.

And, you know I was just messing with ya a la Kanye with that Datterboy thing, right? Because I encourage everybody of every skill level to post their models and I encourage everybody to give useful constructive criticism (unlike Kanye). Right now, it's a bit early in the modeling process to tell, but you've gotten over the biggest hurdles -- getting the proportions to actually look right in 3d (of course, if you try to slice it up for transformation, that's another headache waiting to happen).

And, you know I was just messing with ya a la Kanye with that Datterboy thing, right? Because I encourage everybody of every skill level to post their models and I encourage everybody to give useful constructive criticism (unlike Kanye). Right now, it's a bit early in the modeling process to tell, but you've gotten over the biggest hurdles -- getting the proportions to actually look right in 3d (of course, if you try to slice it up for transformation, that's another headache waiting to happen).

You're a good liar and all, and I'mma let you finish, but Obama is one of the best liars in the world! :lol: