first post, first custom

Mohawk

I used car spray, but its not very resilient. And because it was made out of spares I made the washers that would normally hold the arms in place out of cardboard (until I can get out to buy some proper ones)

Still haven't found the time to do anymore on it yet...but soon hopefully.

I may well start on a Max Vf-1s to match in with this one next week.

Thanks everyone!

If you can find it the best rattle can type paint is called Krylon, it is also called Plasticote in some counties. Plenty of colours and also a good Clear Gloss version as well.

Good work and go for it on the next one :)

If you can find it the best rattle can type paint is called Krylon, it is also called Plasticote in some counties. Plenty of colours and also a good Clear Gloss version as well.

Good work and go for it on the next one :)

Ah yer, we have Plasticote over here - its a very 'fine' spray, and they do metallics etc too don't they! Might give that a go, seeing as I'm going to have to do a lot of repainting...

...because my model had a bit of an accident a couple of days ago and so I'm going to have to start it all over again. The paint got very badly damaged and chipped/peeled off in many places.

I'd only just finished sculpting the pilot too :(

post-12407-1253954542_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The Chunky Mafia are proud of you :)

Good job there and a nice alternative paint job.

behold...another New Chunky Mafia in the making!!! hehehehe....been in haitus for a while....been busy with other robo stuff...... :wacko:

carry on with your creation dude......the Chunky Mafia are with you all the way!!! :lol: