Podcast: Transformers Pilot Miniseries

Ginrai

Just listened yesterday on my commute. Pretty cool. You guys are a bit younger than me and maybe aren't as familiar with the TF universe. I found myself wanting to interject whenever you weren't sure of a particular name and what have you, being tenaciously helpful as I am. ^_^ As a review by fans of robots/anime in general, I thought it was outstanding. Thoroughly entertaining and informative.

Just listened yesterday on my commute. Pretty cool. You guys are a bit younger than me and maybe aren't as familiar with the TF universe. I found myself wanting to interject whenever you weren't sure of a particular name and what have you, being tenaciously helpful as I am. ^_^ As a review by fans of robots/anime in general, I thought it was outstanding. Thoroughly entertaining and informative.

Cool, glad you liked it! I think the biggest thing is that it had been a long time since I watched the original Transformers show. The last time I saw the majority of it was Generation 2 and some reruns on Sci-Fi Channel. I've been steadily making my way through more of the DVD boxset, though, and getting more caught up. Let me know if there are particular episodes you'd like us to talk about. I was planning on just doing the multi-parters and maybe little ones here and there that were favorites of mine.

Cool, glad you liked it! I think the biggest thing is that it had been a long time since I watched the original Transformers show. The last time I saw the majority of it was Generation 2 and some reruns on Sci-Fi Channel. I've been steadily making my way through more of the DVD boxset, though, and getting more caught up. Let me know if there are particular episodes you'd like us to talk about. I was planning on just doing the multi-parters and maybe little ones here and there that were favorites of mine.

I'd like to see most of the first season done. I have a lot of fond memories from it. The skyfire and insecticon "arcs" most noteably. Also the "five faces of darkness" 5 parter from season 3. The headmaster 3 parter that made up season 4 would probably be fun.

Well, I'm not sure that's an arc but season 1 is only like 12 episodes, right?
16... Doesn't seem like that many, but alot happens in there. Jetfire, Dinobots, Insecticons and Devastator are all introduced. Chip Chase (wheelchair genius kid) assumes control of Prowl in what may have been the first step towards the whole Headmasters idea.

I may be jumping pretty far ahead, but I'd like to hear you guys' take on Beast Wars.

But since you still have at least 80 episodes of G1 staring you in the face, I'm gonna go with episodes 56-57 "The Key to Vector Sigma". It's the 2-parter that introduces the Aerialbots and Stunticons. Another favorite of mine is episode 21 "Traitor" starring Mirage, one of the shadiest / coolest Autobots.

By the way, I'm using an episode guide for the episode numbers. Wouldn't want anybody to think I have every ep chronologically committed to memory. My wife thinks I'm too into this stuff as is. :unsure:

Thanks guys. Keep up the good work.