Question about working with promodeller's wash

wolfx

I got a bottle of promodeller's weathering wash after seeing some impressive results from a fellow member.

http://www.promodeller.com/promodellers-weathering-wash

I tried it on my Ghost booster 1s.

i have an issue where when i 1s apply the wash, it tends to bubble up around the surface i applied it on and when it dries, black spots appear where the bubbles were (if i wasn't fash enuff to wipe off the excess wash). From the demonstration video this doesn't seem to happen so perhaps i'm doing something wrong? Lousy brush perhaps? I bought a brand new soft brush but same results. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Did that ...same thing.

I also tried adding a drop of dish washer liquid to break the surface tension but no dice. Hmmm.....probably just bad brush i supppose.

I had problems with the stuff when i did not put on a clear cote, always use a stain finish before i apply then wash now.

If there are bubble once i wiped clean the model i redo the bits that are missing and clean it again and make sure thats the clay is disolved into the liquid takes alot of shaking.

Your Ghost Booster, is it the Hasegawa model kit or the Yamato toy? My only thought is that sometimes the different properties in the actual plastic can have an effect.

I learnt it the hard way a couple of years back with a ver 1.0 1/60 Yammie VF-1!

As someone who is trying the ProModelers Wash for the first time this weekend, I can say it is pretty cool. My VF-1D turned out great, My VF-1A Max TV (bright white) has proven to be a little more challenging. The bright white almost stains when using the "Dark Dirt" wash. It look a lot of spit and rubbing to get it right. However, it looks the same as Rabidweasels pics, so I guess I'm doing something right!! I may try mixing "light" and "dark" for a somewhat lighter "dark" tomorrow. I have not tried a clear coat on first yet. May wait and try that for my Hiki and Roy. I will post some pics when I have everything finished.

Edited by derex3592