Fanboys

Wow...I'm surprised no one mentioned this film when it came out in theaters on February.

Just as Detroit Rock City was to KISS fandom, Fanboys is a satire on Star Wars fandom as well as a parody of the film franchise's elements. Fanboys is a film about a group of Star Wars fans in 1998 who make an attempt to break into Skywalker Ranch to obtain an early print of Episode I: The Phantom Menace. The film stars Sam Huntington (Jam in Detroit Rock City, Jimmy Olsen in Superman Returns), Chris Marquette (Alex in The Mummy: The Animated Series), Dan Fogler (Zeng in Kung-Fu Panda), Jay Baruchel (Kevin in Tropic Thunder), Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) and Christopher McDonald (Mansley in The Iron Giant, Shooter in Happy Gilmore). In addition, the film features cameo appearances by Carrie "Princess Leia" Fisher, Billy Dee "Lando Calrissian" Williams, Ray "Darth Maul" Park, Jason Mewes & Kevin Smith (a.k.a. Jay & Silent Bob), Seth Rogen (Master Mantis in Kung Fu Panda, B.O.B. in Monsters vs. Aliens) and Captain Kirk himself, William Shatner.

Fanboys hits DVD shelves on May 19.

Fanboys

post-237-1241248878_thumb.jpg

I was upset when this didn't get a wide theatrical release, I really wanted to see it. Another film for the collection though.

It upset me that this film didn't see wide spread release also. I watched week after week for this to get released in the St. Louis. It finally got released at a really expensive movie theatre in downtown St. Louis. My wife was to pregnant to get dressed up to go, so I missed the movie. It broke my heart, I have been following this movie since it was first rumored to be made. Even through missed release date after missed release date.

Oh well, wild horses couldn't keep me from this DVD on the 19th.