Mental remote control systems in Macross

RedWolf

I'm watching Macross 7 again I just realize there three types of Mental remote control systems seen in Macross.

Macross Plus - The Brain Direct System and Brain Direct Imaging of the YF-21.

Macross 7 - Protodevlin Gavil controls his FBz-99G Saubergeran with what looks like fiber optics connected to him.

Macross Frontier - The Macross Galaxy's VF-27 cybernetic interface with cyborg Brera Stern

Comparison between the Protodevlin's remote controlled Az-130A Panzerzorene

and UN Spacy/NUNS Valkyrie Drones and Ghosts.

The Drone Panzerzorene is mentally controlled via a strange mechanism which is controlled via a single leader piloted unit, which gives orders.

Similar to Luca's strategy with Ghosts but his is equiped with AI. The same can be said probably of the VF-11 drone units and the Neo Glaug but more human supervision.

Macross Galaxy's besides the likely AI, is the networked systems of their VF-27s and V-9 Ghosts.

Ghost AIF-7S (Or whatever it is that Luca has) uses a simple AI that requires a connection to a host to run. (I dunno. Maybe the AI is stored aboard the host, so as to prevent capture?) God knows what Judah System is...

The VF-11 Drones are likely just control systems programmed into the communications array, so it can be remotely controlled, like a UAV in real life.

Now, the BDI and BCS are a little more fun. They're connected to the brain, through what is seemingly an implant or a sensor mounted in the helmet. The systems interpret data exiting the brain into controls or sensor commands. Also, they feed data directly to the vision and audio centers of the brain. However, they seem to have nasty side effects, like pushing a mentally unstable half-Zentran over the edge, causing a series of disasters. Also, they're too indiscriminate. A simple, passing thought was mistaken for a control input. Worse yet, it requires extreme focus that only comes through months of training just for that.

The most fun, because there's almost nothing known about it, so we can speculate the hell out of it, is the VF-27 control interface. It would seem to be a fold-wave communications system. It would definitely explain why Ranka seemed to be able to see the cockpit in all its shiny.

It's most likely an implant in Brera's cybernetic brain that allows for specific commands to be picked out and sent to the VF-27, probably in the same way as the Ex-Gear's slave system, at least as far as the signal system goes. It's much more precise, unlike its older counterpart, as we see when Brera pilots his VF-27 to the top of the hill and held it there stable enough for Ranka to board, even raising it slow and level. It also seems to take much less of a thought process. The aforementioned scene was all performed while Brera was running up to and holding a knife to Alto's throat.

It's all speculation, though. None of that is fact.

Ghost AIF-7S (Or whatever it is that Luca has) uses a simple AI that requires a connection to a host to run. (I dunno. Maybe the AI is stored aboard the host, so as to prevent capture?) God knows what Judah System is...

No it doesn't-- the Judah system is an AI-Limiter that is linked to the host RVF-25-- the Ghost is capable of autonomous operation, as shown in the last episode.

No it doesn't-- the Judah system is an AI-Limiter that is linked to the host RVF-25-- the Ghost is capable of autonomous operation, as shown in the last episode.

You see my point: The AIF-7S AI is unable to run on its own, unless Judah System is released.

If Judah System remains operating, the AIF-7S requires a connection to the host (Be it RVF, Battle Class, Etcetera) to allow it to access the AI to calculate its maneuvers. If it's released, the AI onboard activates in full, and allows complete autonomous operation.

This is all just speculation, but it makes sense.

What about Grace? In MF last episode, she literally mind controlled the entire Vajra Hive, I don't know whether her collective consciousness also in command of Galaxy armed forces or not.

PS: During the entire MF series, we only see three people from Galaxy (Grace, SHeryl and Brera), so we don't know whether the fodder FV-27 are controlled by A.I. or by human, or probably the entire Galaxy army is a implant-controlled human... :blink:

PS: During the entire MF series, we only see three people from Galaxy (Grace, SHeryl and Brera), so we don't know whether the fodder FV-27 are controlled by A.I. or by human, or probably the entire Galaxy army is a implant-controlled human... :blink:

The Official Fanbook mentions that the green VF-27s are similar to Ghosts. Whether that means their control system is similar to a Ghost, it doesn't elaborate.

What about Grace? In MF last episode, she literally mind controlled the entire Vajra Hive, I don't know whether her collective consciousness also in command of Galaxy armed forces or not.

PS: During the entire MF series, we only see three people from Galaxy (Grace, SHeryl and Brera), so we don't know whether the fodder FV-27 are controlled by A.I. or by human, or probably the entire Galaxy army is a implant-controlled human...

I am betting the entire Galaxy had a whole army of implant-controlled humans. In Episode 24 Ozma and company found some left ever research material from Grace and found out about her fold network plan. The plan was to take control of the Vajra and use them as a supervision army to enslave humanity through out the galaxy. Since according to Sheryl she was one of the few all natural people aboard Galaxy, Grace could have easily hacked and enslaved all the cyborgs on board while super idol Sheryl remains oblivious. As for the FV-27 pilots they are most likely the silhouettes you see surrounding Grace in the final episode after she plugs into the queen.

You see my point: The AIF-7S AI is unable to run on its own, unless Judah System is released.

If Judah System remains operating, the AIF-7S requires a connection to the host (Be it RVF, Battle Class, Etcetera) to allow it to access the AI to calculate its maneuvers. If it's released, the AI onboard activates in full, and allows complete autonomous operation.

This is all just speculation, but it makes sense.

Ok we are talking about the same thing then ^_^

About the VF-27, clearly at least one green CF-27 (Grace's) has a cockpit that can accommodate a human sized object. It could just be that the VF-27 can function either as AI controlled UCAVs or as pilot controlled fighters-- so we can't say for sure yet whether the other green CF-27s have pilots or not. Given that we never see any other VF-27 pilots, even in the background, I would guess that they don't have pilots.