Yamato 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk question: Decal Sheet

Robelwell202

Ok, I've got all three versions of Yamato's 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk. I love 'em! Only one problem, though...

The Olive Drab version comes ONLY with an 'Add-on' decal sheet, whereas the original tan comes with a full sheet of standard markings... Well, Tan's sheet has a lot of different options, but there aren't enough decals to split between both itself, and Olive Drab. Add to that, 'Special Weathering' has a water-slide decal sheet. I wish I could lay hands on two more of those sheets.

Now, as far as the sheet I want is concerned, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for a full, unused sheet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

R

Ok, I've got all three versions of Yamato's 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk. I love 'em! Only one problem, though...

The Olive Drab version comes ONLY with an 'Add-on' decal sheet, whereas the original tan comes with a full sheet of standard markings... Well, Tan's sheet has a lot of different options, but there aren't enough decals to split between both itself, and Olive Drab. Add to that, 'Special Weathering' has a water-slide decal sheet. I wish I could lay hands on two more of those sheets.

Now, as far as the sheet I want is concerned, I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for a full, unused sheet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

R

How about taking the decals to a local specialty print shop and see what they can do for you along the lines of decal sheets.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

R

See the Destroid thread. The Olive Drab is supposed to come with a normal set of stickers. I didn't get one, and I heard that one other member on the Destroid thread had the same problem. so as I suspected, it looks like Yamato screwed up a whole batch of them. I managed to get Yamato to send me one, but if you're outside Japan I suppose you can get Overdrive to send you stuff since they deal with broken/missing parts.

The waterslides are only for the Weathered, though, so guess you would just have to buy more Tomahawks.

See the Destroid thread. The Olive Drab is supposed to come with a normal set of stickers. I didn't get one, and I heard that one other member on the Destroid thread had the same problem. so as I suspected, it looks like Yamato screwed up a whole batch of them. I managed to get Yamato to send me one, but if you're outside Japan I suppose you can get Overdrive to send you stuff since they deal with broken/missing parts.

The waterslides are only for the Weathered, though, so guess you would just have to buy more Tomahawks.

Well, I've tried 'OverDrive', to no avail. No response at all...

The place (not sure I can give out the name, here)I got the figures from said that Olive Drab only comes with the 'add-on' sheet... but I did suspect some BS.

I'll give overdrive another try, tho... see if they get back to me this time...

I just made a hi-res scan of the normal figure's sticker sheet, and in my free time I'm going to make a workable sheet to print as waterslide decals from it. I wouldn't recommend just taking the sheet and scanning it to directly print on decal paper, as Yamato's sticker printings are still not the sharpest...

I dunno... I'm not planning on getting the other two in the immediate future, but I will definitely own them eventually. I haven't even really begun to think about making these decals yet... it'll probably happen over the summer, and I don't know if they'll be the kind of quality I'd want to sell. They'll likely be a two-sheet affair with one set of clear backing decals and one set of white backing decals for stuff that needs to be opaque or not as I don't have any special printing equipment or anything.