VF-1A Valkyrie 1/72 Bandai

balstaf87

Hello guys!

This is my first post!

I recently purchased this valkyrie fighter that can transform into gerwalk, battroid and fighter modes. Unfortunately the instructions are in Japanese and I cannot find the painting instructions.

Does anyone know what colors I need to build this one found here?

Either FS code or the color code of any company would be useful...

Thanks a lot and sorry for using links but unfortunately the photo was huge!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey balstaf87, Welcome to MW!! Well for your 1st post, heres yoru 1st answer, mine is long gone But I had that model kit and a few others, they are relatively easy to assemble, just gotta take your time and follow the pictures, Good thing is that part "B6" is is "B6" in English or Japanese. If someone does have translated instructions, you might find them here in a archive thread.

As for paints, Tamiya is your best bet, good choice of colors and smooth application. Both in spray can and bottles for a brush. Or if you have an Airbrush machine, shoot, just mix your own custom light brown. And a flat or off white if you want a slightly used look.

I'm sure others will post their tips or give you some better pointers on how to make your kit the best one possible!!! Good luck on it, keep up posted!!

Thanks for your answer. Basically i am searching for the colors of the valkyrie. I was expecting that inside the instructions sheet i would find the colors needed just like any other model i build. I was disappointed by the fact that everything was in japanese. Anyway i hope that i'll find any useful information here.

Where can i find translated translations you mentioned before?

The first (and so far only) paint guide I found for the mass production VF-1A was with the Hasegawa VF-1 battroid model kit. In it, it specifies the following, all based on Gunze Sangyo colours:

1. Tan for the body: 40% wood brown + 60% gloss white

2. Dark brown for feet/thrusters, intake covers, joints, etc.: 50% mahogany + 10% flat white + 40% burnt iron

3. White areas of body: White FS17875

They specified gloss white for the tan since the Gunze wood brown is also gloss. If you find a flat wood brown instead, use flat white.

If you check out this link they've got scans of the instructions for the battroid model, including the table that matches the paint numbers to their names and the painting guides.

The old Imai and Arii kits also have paint mixing guides for Gunze Sangyo colors. For the VF-1A, the colors are as follows:

"Bare White": 5% H-25 Sky Blue + 45% H-31 White-Green + 50% H-11 Flat White

"Light Sepia": 50% H-44 (Don't know the color name) + 50% H-47 Red-Brown

"Soft Stone": 95% H-44 (?) + a drop of H-2 Black + 5% Flat Clear

The above are for the "real color". For the "anime color" they call for H-27 Light Brown for "Soft Stone", H-66 RLM Sandy Brown (?) 79 for "Light Sepia" and H-11 Flat White for "Bare White".

Thanks everybody for your answers!!!

I found these links very useful. I started building the kit but unfortunately i lost today a polycap joint and now i'm scanning the room for it....Anyway i hope that it's not lost or else i might be in great trouble..

Edited by balstaf87