1. 1. Best Mini R/C Cars

• Bit Char-G/MicroSizers (Tomy/Hobbico)
    • DigiQ-R (Konami/Takara)
    • XMODS (RadioShack)
    • ZipZaps (RadioShack)
    • Q-Steer (Takara Tomy)
    • CAUL (Takara Tomy)
    • X-Trek (Silverlit)

EDIT - Hmmm, I don't suppose it comes with the Bullitt wheels? I can't really find a lot of information on this, even on Radio Shack's site. On the other hand, though, I did see on their site that there's a sale on the ZipZaps Ford GT, and that's just too good to pass up on another of my favorite cars.

334116[/snapback]

I really wish the car came with Bullitts instead of those rims. Perhaps they'll be offered when RadioShack releases the latest set of wheel upgrades. And yeah, RadioShack needs to update their website and XMODSRC.com.

Any chance I can buy the new chassis separately? Is there a listing online or something where I can find what bodies are available with the new chassis, if it's not?

334167[/snapback]

Not yet. Hopefully, AtomicMods.com will offer the chassis by the end of the year.

As for other bodies, here's the current list. And yes, this new series also does trucks.

2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe (red)

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII (dark gray)

1967 Pontiac Firebird (purple)

2006 Ford F-150 (yellow)

2006 Hummer H2 (black)

Edited by areaseven

Do you ever run these guys? After all the upgrades, I take my cars out and run them around in the streets... Which begs the question of how something so low can possibly roll over, and of course the results are scratches, nicks, dents, and cracked bumpers. In fact, my black Skyline's in need of new stock front bumper. Anyone got a spare not using? :-)

One of my first mistake is run xmods on the streets, the bottom of my skyline looked like I jammed it against a belt sander. xmods and mini-z should only be run on very smooth and flat surfaces since they have very little ground clearance. You can put taller tires but your turning ratius becomes super large and if the tire catches the body it sometimes causes it to spin out or my frav a side flip. street racing I would go for something larger scale, overland, or maybe xmod truck with both ol and xtruck with lift kit, taller tires, maybe body mods if your body still rubs against the tires.

hows your evo's rear diff? I read that its a huge problem with the pins that hold them together to get loose and chew up the part like christy alley on an apple pie.

Edited by Zentrandude

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

It's hard to believe that after Takara merged with Tomy, both Digi-Q and Bit Char-G were quickly discontinued. Meanwhile, RadioShack continues to sell their crappy ZipZaps (now under the label XMODS Micro RC). And now, Takara Tomy has a new line of micro R/Cs. Has anyone here picked one up? And how are they compared to the old Bit Char-G and Digi-Q cars?

I like my Bit cars much better than the Q-steer I tried out at a store. I've got about 5 of the bit cars from Japan and they are much better than q-steer.

I never knew they got discontinued. Thats a bummer. We even made a track for mine a few years back so we could have 4 of us racing at once.