Panel Lining

Hikuro

Ugh, I had it all on the other computer and I didn't get the chance to ever print out how you do panel lining again without relying on some lil marker.

I bought a lil 1/100 ARII VF-1J and I'm gonna continue a custome job I was meaning to do on a VF-1J 1/72 Bandai kit that was just pathetic on it's design -_- real pathetic.

Anyways, someone wanna help me out on how to do panel lining here correctly? I know it's a mixture of like two things, can't remember what they were, wha like Oil and Water or something? I can't remember...

Just basically wanna know:

Mixtures

Applying

and what ever else to make panel lines look good.

Do I do this BEFORE or AFTER I paint?

If this works, I may apply this technique on other kits not Macross related, like maybe Gundam or fighter jets

1) Apply the basecoat (remember to wash the model to get rid of the basecoat)

2) Apply the Gloss clear coat (use gloss to make the decals go on easier)

3) Apply the decals

4) Apply another gloss coat to seal in the decals

5) Now comes the wash (make a mixture of 1 part artists oils to 5 parts low odor mineral spirits). Dot the mixture into a major panel line and let the cappilary action take the mixture down the panel line. Touch up where needed.

6) Wait an hour for the wash to dry.

7) Take a rag with a little bit of low odor mineral spirits to clean up the dab marks left by the Step 5.

8) Do whatever other weathering you want to do and seal it up with the final coat of either gloss, semi gloss, or flat seal.

Did I miss anything?