3d Quadrono - does anyone have?

Szpectre

What's a Quadrono?

Do you mean a Q-Rau? :mellow:

With "live action project", do you mean the live action Robotech project? :huh:

Are you Toby Maguire? :blink:

Oh. My. God. You're Toby Maguire aren't you? That's so kewl! Hi Toby, love you're work. You did an excellent job in the Lord of the Ring movies. No wait, that wasn't you was it? Loved your work in Sin City. Ah shoot, that was the other guy too wasn't it? Well anyway, good luck with the Robotech movie, hope it works out for ya!

Just kidding around Szpectre, welcome to MW. Can't help you with the Quadrono though, sorry. B))

::EDIT::

By Quadrono, do you mean this thing?

Edited by Dante74

Boinger -- thats my model , didn't think anybody would keep those ....

I dont have much money (mostly because of the economy and because I have no budget with this "fan" film) but how much would you sell it for? Or maybe we can work out a deal with your name/ website in the credits?

And everyone please forgive me for using the word Quadrono.

I am pretty sure Robotech just calls it a Female Power Armor (just like the Ngers are called Male Power Armors). Either way I don't think the name misspelling is a bad thing. Those things can be hard to remember how to spell sometimes.

What's a Quadrono?

Do you mean a Q-Rau? :mellow:

With "live action project", do you mean the live action Robotech project? :huh:

Are you Toby Maguire? :blink:

Oh. My. God. You're Toby Maguire aren't you? That's so kewl! Hi Toby, love you're work. You did an excellent job in the Lord of the Ring movies. No wait, that wasn't you was it? Loved your work in Sin City. Ah shoot, that was the other guy too wasn't it? Well anyway, good luck with the Robotech movie, hope it works out for ya!

Just kidding around Szpectre, welcome to MW. Can't help you with the Quadrono though, sorry. B))

::EDIT::

By Quadrono, do you mean this thing?

So this live action project has already been shot... but due to secrecy issues made in an agreement with the director and crew I cant say much at this time. Yes it is Robotech, taking place during the Macross era. We are currently in post production but ran into a snag regarding the Rau.

No I am not Toby Maguire. I didnt have anything to do with those (censored) Rings movies, however (and yes this is fact) my long time friend Michelle Meeker did do animation work for it.

Thank you for welcoming to the site and the luck with the flick... we hope to do it justice and not disappoint. I will be giving updates as we get closer to release.

Thank you for your offer, but I was looking for something with a higher poly count for realism purposes.

you can take that low poly model and apply a displacement map to it using zbrush or mudbox. as long as its 2.5k or more it shouldnt be that bad and you'll get the same results and be able to animate in realtime with minimal calculation lag because its a 3d texture. what 3d application are you using maya, max, lightwave, xsi, also make sure that who ever is giving you the model that they have it already rigged or you can rig it yourself if you know how if not then I cant take a whack at it (as long as its a maya file or an .obj file) I can also texture in displacement too but when is this due let me know soon.