Transformation in the HW2 Mod

shadow3393

Transformation  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many transformation modes do you want?

• Buggy 3 Modes (fighter, gerwalk, battroid)
    • Stable 2 Modes (fighter, battroid)
    • Choice of number of modes
    • Banana

During some testing I observed that my transformation code that supports 3 modes, sometimes screws up randomly(The model reverts to default state and at times it starts and stops transformation animation when initiating an attack). I do however have a more stable 2 mode transformation code written and tested. The question is do you want to have 3 mode transformation and have it occasionally mess up or have a stable 2 mode transformation system?

During some testing I observed that my transformation code that supports 3 modes, sometimes screws up randomly(The model reverts to default state and at times it starts and stops transformation animation when initiating an attack). I do however have a more stable 2 mode transformation code written and tested. The question is do you want to have 3 mode transformation and have it occasionally mess up or have a stable 2 mode transformation system?

What is the gameplay advantage of the GERWALK configuration?

Also, I've never played HW2, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. If anything gets me to play it, it will be this mod, I tells ya.

As stated above, I would like to know what the advanteges of GERWALK mode are in the mod. Given the constraints of the engine, I highly doubt that the mode will be used to it's fullest extent, like picking up objects, so it seems to me like it would be little more than a slower, turret-like version of the fighter.

In my experience stability is more important than completionism, but its inevitably up to you. the bug doesnt sound game breaking, so a choice of downloads might be good, provided its not too much work.

heres a question will the main gun on the macross or SDF1(robotech) be able to fire when its in attack mode and i don't think the GERWALK transformation is needed but it would be cool

The animation is there, I still need to work out some scripting to get it to work the way I want it.

I wanted to include the gerwalk, just to be able to support all the modes the valks. It is more of an aesthetic choice than a functional one.

The animation is there, I still need to work out some scripting to get it to work the way I want it.

I wanted to include the gerwalk, just to be able to support all the modes the valks. It is more of an aesthetic choice than a functional one.

To me, to make it feel more like Macross, it would be awesome to see all three modes. If the bugs interfere with gameplay fairly frequently, I would probably lose the GERWALK. You've already done great things by taking care of transformation -- something that has haunted modders for ages it seems -- is it possible that you might be able to iron out the bugs, or is it an engine limitation you're up against? My vote was for bananas, because I eat those fairly regularly, and as of yet haven't played HW2, but I support you taking the time you need to make the best dang thing possible.

macross or SDF1(robotech)

Macross = SDF-1 Macross (Super Dimension Fortress Macross)

Robowreck = SDF-1 (Super Dimensional Fortress 1)

The battleship uses the SDF-1 designation in both shows. However the acronyms are different.

In Macross "Super Dimension" is the source of the incredible amounts of energy that allows the ship to space fold and fire it's cannon, where as in RT it is "Super Dimensional", referring to the ship's size...

In case you were curious... B))

Sometimes, the extra features, though buggy, are fun. I'm sick of dealing with buggy features, though. So, I say "No GERWALK, Fighter and Battroid work for me. So, stability for lack of features. 2 Mode stability.

However, if you (Or anyone) can figure out a way to make the 3-mode work, the problem is solved...

In Macross "Super Dimension" is the source of the incredible amounts of energy that allows the ship to space fold and fire it's cannon, where as in RT it is "Super Dimensional", referring to the ship's size...

I though it was because in English, "Super Dimensional" makes more sense, syntactically, than "Super Dimension." I'm pretty sure Robotech referred to SD in that the energy source was it... Oh well, that's OT... And I don't mean Overtechnology :D

Edited by SchizophrenicMC