Has anyone clearcoated Takatoys Stickers?

hirohawa

I dont know if a clearcoat is really needed, the stickers look like they will hold pretty good if applied correctly and away from edges. I personaly think that adding a clear coat may cause more damage than good since a lot of parts have friction and the clearcoat could peel and look funny after a while.

Also I am mixing and matching between Devin's decals and Takatoys stickers - a clearcoat is neccasarry to even out the edges and so everything will have the same uniformity in sheen.

I have run a test with a Krylon UV resistant Acrylic Matte Finish and will see how it turns out.

Also I am mixing and matching between Devin's decals and Takatoys stickers - a clearcoat is neccasarry to even out the edges and so everything will have the same uniformity in sheen.

I have run a test with a Krylon UV resistant Acrylic Matte Finish and will see how it turns out.

I see....

good luck then

I have used ModelMaster Acryl clear coats on both anasazi's waterslide decals and the Yamato supplied stickers, and it seems to work great. It correctly evens the sheen on both the painted, plastic and stickered surfaces. It hasn't scratched off yet- but I don't transform them too often.