DYRL HD Remastered.

crescens

Im planning to order HD Remastered Version. First i wanted to check quality, so i've downloaded rip from some torrent. It looks great but there're no subs as we know ( nuuu ), so i was wondering if i'd be able to apply subs that were posted by Xeros... Info about patching says about exact, ready iso size... I wasn't able to patch rip i've downloaded due to differences in mentioned size ( nuuu T_T )...

shitsumon~! ( question )

Is there a way to rip it properly ( still want to order ) so the patch would work? Help me guys ^_^

ps. sorry for the superb english in this post... booze got me :D

I can extract the SUP file from the subtitled DVD that I have. You can then use whatever DVD authoring program you like to apply them. If you want to keep the menus intact you can use Blinx01's Ultimate DVD Subbing Guide.

I'll ask boinger if he'll host them on his iMacross4 site. If you look around you can find a torrent with the subs already applied, but I recommend supporting and purchasing the R2 release.

How good is this Remastered version? I'd love to see some screen pics of the two comparing.

There's quite a few threads on the subject. My general though was that it was decent, but could've been a lot better, and it had grain up the ying yang.

• 2 weeks later...

Question --

Does the HD Remastered Macross DVD the exact same film content as the Perfect Edition? IE, does it have all the new scenes and concert footage from Flashback 2012 that was planned for the feature film and added later on?

That's an important question to ask...

There are AT LEAST 4 edits of DYRL counting the two versions released in English in the US!

Personally, I prefer the Perfect Edition and consider it the definitive, Director's Cut.

• 3 weeks later...