Question about programs

MegaX

it really depends on what quality you are going for. If you want free you always have a few like Blender and Wings 3d also if you want to get used to complex and larger you might want to check out the TurboSquid website for its program as well.

If you want to make low poly game models you want a program that has a lot of tools as well. I prefer Milkshape3d which has lots of tools and features and allows you simple interface.

If you want complex and expensive then I would say maya or 3DMax

What is a good program to make 3D models of Valkyries?

I personally use 3ds Max. You can download a 30 day trial, but the learning curve is such that if you don't have some great tutorials, you won't be modeling a Valk in only 30 days. Not a transforming one, at any rate. If you're a student, you can get it for an educational discount which is like ridiculously cheap CONSIDERING it's normal retail, but if you're not, and you don't have thousands of US dollars to spend, then you might want to explore Blender. I've seen people do amazing things in Blender, and frankly, it seems like a decent tool. It's not really used professionally that much, though, so depending on your ultimate goal, you may want to shell out the money for a professional tool.

Not much I can add.

What is a good program to make 3D models of Valkyries?

From what I understood in your previous post, you need models for a mod.

I can give some from my porject - no problem with that.

Aslo, in my experience (I tried 3ds max, milkshape and blender), the best one is blender

1. It is free. Both 3ds max and amd ms3d are not free, unless you use pirate version.

I might be wrong, but May is not free too.

2. In comparison to 3ds max that is around 1-2 Gb, blender is around 20 mb. That's really handy.

3. In comparision to ms3d blender has much more cpabilities.

4. Blender is the best suited for low poly modeling amoung these programs. MS3D is outdated right now.

3ds max is for professionals in my opinion. It has many features that you will never need (low poly modeling is a tiny part of them ).

5. My models are in blender B))

6. I am sure that one day you will realise that modding is not what you want. You will start wondering what technologies to use to make a game. Here it is - blender already has inside cool and easy game engine: physics engine, sound edition, scripts sistem, and I am not mentioning models and textures import.

7. I asked the same kind of question on gamedev forums long ago. Most votes were for blender.

go to blender.org or chumbalum.swissquake.ch or autodesk.com and make your onw judgement.

Edited by SeminNV

• 4 weeks later...

if you want more mechanical stuff go for max, if you also want more organic models like characters and organic shaped plus mechanical stuff go for maya, plus there is a website

www.highend3d.com

that gives you great tutorials for both, but better ones for maya, and also has a Valkrie model in maya that is rigged and free to download without any registration, go for it.