Podcast: The Five Star Stories

Ginrai

Cool...Currently downloading.

I hope you mention that the comic is WAAAAY better than the movie.

You have got to be kidding me. The movie is almost shot for shot the first three volumes of the manga. This crazy fan myth drives me nuts. Unless your argument is "this movie is only the very beginning of the manga", you've got to be kidding.

whoa! nice, you covered the Five Star Stories movie XD

this is a nostalgic thing, the first time i saw this was on a Nth-generation copy VHS tape with a very helpful fansub back in the mid-90's.

ive seen the Nagano Sailor Venus cosplay picture too! flamboyant ! XD

Oh man, you had subs back then? Lucky.

Oh man, you had subs back then? Lucky.

XD yeah, i guess we were a bit lucky.

and then i bought a VCD (nope, not a DVD or LD ) copy of it somewhere in between 2003-2005

and it was the exact same fansub just ripped from the VHS !

i wanna see this now in DVD... see those nice animation details (& better audio) you guys were talking about

FSS is a nice fairy tale but with but robots and hermaphrodites thrown in and effectively mixing into the plot (!)

I was lucky to get the entire english comic collection from ebay for £23 two years back :lol:

The movie is ok, but not great, seemed a bit rushed at times and confusing as hell without prior knowledge of the source material.

You have got to be kidding me. The movie is almost shot for shot the first three volumes of the manga. This crazy fan myth drives me nuts. Unless your argument is "this movie is only the very beginning of the manga", you've got to be kidding.

That kind of is the problem...it's only the first storyline of the comic, which I don't think got REALLY good until the Clotho chapter. I don't think the movie sucks, but I wish they had had the prologue, and I wish they had made at least three or four OVAs.