SDF2 Megaroad

Getsuga Tenshou

Hey guys. Just finished watching the original SDFM series. The ending was a bit ... lacking for me. Im about to watch macross flashback 2012 but I read in wikipedia that the new ship that Misa commands the SDF2 was lost near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy in 2016 and there had been no communication ever since.

It is now around 2050 something in the macross timeline and there has still been no word or sighting of the SDF2. Is there any news of studio nue planning to create a series, OVA or movie about the SDF2's exploits after it left earth sometime soon?

P.S. Maybe I should have asked this in the newbie questions?

Yes. Newbie thread.

No news. The disappearance was Shoji Kawamori's way of saying "and they rode off into the sunset". In other words, he feels that the story of Hikaru, Misa and Minmei has been told, and there's nothing more that can be added to it.

Hey guys. Just finished watching the original SDFM series. The ending was a bit ... lacking for me. Im about to watch macross flashback 2012 but I read in wikipedia that the new ship that Misa commands the SDF2 was lost near the center of the Milky Way Galaxy in 2016 and there had been no communication ever since.

It is now around 2050 something in the macross timeline and there has still been no word or sighting of the SDF2. Is there any news of studio nue planning to create a series, OVA or movie about the SDF2's exploits after it left earth sometime soon?

P.S. Maybe I should have asked this in the newbie questions?

As Sketchley said, yes, you should've.

That said, I think it's important to reiterate that the Megaroad was NOT lost in 2016. That was information from a game based on DYRL, not from Kawamori's mouth.

Canonically, there has been no news of the Megaroad...for good or ill.

And...um...you're going to watch DYRL before you watch FB2012, aren't you? It'll make no sense otherwise...

Edited by Gubaba