yamato 1/60 backpack help

MacrossJoe

The plastic hinge holding/connecting the backpack to the body broke and i tried using super glue to fix it but the glue just isn't strong enough to hold it. This is without the fastpack boosters attached. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get a spare hinge or which type of glue I can use that would be strong enough to hold the broken hinge and the additional weight of the boosters?

thanks in advance.

The plastic hinge holding/connecting the backpack to the body broke and i tried using super glue to fix it but the glue just isn't strong enough to hold it.  This is without the fastpack boosters attached.  Anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get a spare hinge or which type of glue I can use that would be strong enough to hold the broken hinge and the additional weight of the boosters?

thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if the hinge you're talking about broke the same way as mine did, but here's the hackjob I did when the hinge on one of my Strikes broke before.

backpack-hack

As you can see, I basically cut up two pieces of thin-but-tough plastic from a discarded id-card or something, and used it as a front and back binder-support on the already glued-in hinge-parts. I used an alligator-clip or something on it and let it the super-glues dry completely to properly bind it.

Suffice to say, it works.

Hope this helps.

Edited by treatment

• 1 month later...

I've got a question. I've been collecting the 1/48 Yamatos since the release of the Max 1A (I hesitated at first). I've only just recently applied FAST packs to one in battroid mode. I realize that normally in battroid mode, the backpack slides up in a "locked" position. I just wanted to make sure: this isn't possible when the FAST packs are on right? That is, if you slide the backpack all the way up with the FAST packs on, the little flippy-do catch that's supposed to support the weight of the FAST packs can't reach the tab in the backpack that it's supposed to lock into. So the backpack stays a little lower with the FAST packs then it would without, right?

post-4-1072037696_thumb.jpg

Edited by Draykov