Minor details that you enjoyed in Macross Frontier.....

taksraven

I also enjoyed the extra explanations about how folding worked and the limitations.

Yep, I liked that too. In fact, I enjoyed the little "tutorials" they had at the start of each episode towards the beginning of the series that explained previous plot points but also general Macross elements that would be related to the plot (such as protoculture and spacefolds).

Taksraven

The city was awesome and looked like someplace someone would want to live.

My personal favorite touch was that the concerts looked like something that a large crowd of people would actually want to see. Most TV shows and movies make concerts look like a plot device and you are warned that the performers are just muddling through.

I liked the little nuances in the VFs. For example, Alto slaving Luca's RVF-25 to his Ex-gear. Or the VF-25's return to old having the legs and arms in the same position as in the original Valkyrie, and even looking like one, but still having all kinds of really, really cool modernizations.

And on that note, I love civilian Ex-gear. Episode one, who remembers the catapult on the roof? I thought that was awesome. Wish I had an Ex-gear. *Drools*

The smoothness of the "Shell-downs" that, in my opinion, blows the ones in 7 out of the... er... not water... "Who said "Shell-off? Shell down! Shell down!"

Totsugeki Love Heart!

All those little tributes to the older series (especially SDF:M).

Macross Quarter for example resembles the original SDF-1 more than any of the other Macross ships, the bridge crew of M-Quarter is also an homage to the original show, including captain Jeffrey Wilder, the veteran with the big hat, Bobby Margot, which looks like the grandchild of the curly headed girl from the original SDF bridge crew (doen't remember her name though, it's been years since I have seen the show).

Other nice stuff, the movie they are making about the discovery of the birdhuman (i.e. Macross Zero). I also loved the part where Alto and Sheryl were in the Zentradi Island shopping mall, just like something from Alice in Wonderland. And Klan Klan came by in here full size(s) B)) Hmmm.. Zentradi/Meltran lingerie..... :rolleyes:^_^

The incredible detail on Island one was also fantastic. You discover something new every time you look at it. The overhead lines along the dome for example. In every shot in which you could see the background they were just passing by. Not static. This gives a more 'real' feeling, and adds life to the city. I still love the fact that they modeled the city in island one mostly on San Francisco, complete with trolly trams. I just love to have a good walk around there. Must be great to life there. Scray too though.. But hey, at least you could lear to pilot a VF! B)) B))

Edited by Remko