Vajira destroyer size

shadow3393

We don't have much in the way of figures for the sizes of the Macross Frontier ships. About the only fact we know is the Macross Quarter is supposed to be roughly 400 meters long. If that's the case, your Vajra warship looks a little too small, since the Macross Quarter was shown as much smaller than the Vajra warship in Macross Frontier episode #7. In fact the Macross Quarter half-fit in between the two forward booms of the Vajra warship main gun.

While this is all just a guess, I get the feeling the Vajra warships are around the 800+ meter mark, making them just over half the length of the New Macross Class.

Ga! Checked another source. It's referred to as a バジュラ空母 (Vajra (aircraft) Carrier) in it!

母艦 comes from "Macross F: 2059 Memories" and 空母 comes from Hobby Japan, a modeling magazine.

When we say "it" (in reference to the ship) are we referring to the smaller Vajra warships or the BIG Vajra warship that I've called the mothership? I'll note the name and make a change in the next update, as soon as I know what ship we're talking about. We should also include this in the translation thread (even though it's not "technically" Chronicle related). It's just good to have all the stuff in one thread.

When we say "it" (in reference to the ship) are we referring to the smaller Vajra warships or the BIG Vajra warship that I've called the mothership? I'll note the name and make a change in the next update, as soon as I know what ship we're talking about. We should also include this in the translation thread (even though it's not "technically" Chronicle related). It's just good to have all the stuff in one thread.

I was talking about the smaller one, given the kanji from sketchley's first post. I think it translates to carrier but I am basing it off of what I know from Chinese.

Edited by shadow3393

The small one. Two publications refer to it by different names. The Macross F dedicated book refers to it as "Mothership", the modelling focused magazine refers to it as a "Carrier".

The big one has yet to be identified in any print source that I've come across.