Which Macross Frontier song is your favourite?

taksraven

What is your favourite song from Macross Frontier?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which song was your favourite?

• Welcome To My FanClub's Night!
    • What 'bout my star? (Sheryl On Stage)
    • Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late Sagittarius☆9pm Don't be late!
    • Triangler
    • What 'bout my star?@Formo
    • Aimo
    • Aimo ~Tori no Hito
    • Infinity
    • Diamond Crevasse
    • Northern Cross
    • Triangler (fight on stage)
    • Anata no Oto (アナタノオト, Your Sound)
    • Yōsei (妖精, Fairy)
    • Shinkū no Diamond Crevasse
    • Ai Oboete Imasu ka (Deculture Edition size)
    • Watashi no Kare wa Pilot -MISS MACROSS 2059
    • Lion
    • Neko Nikki
    • Nyan Nyan Service Medley
    • Ninjiin Loves you yeah!

for Valk combat sync, Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late is the best song in my opinion. It also gave the first impression of MacrossF in terms of the said combat sync.

I have to agree on that. The musical direction was excellent overall, and that first episode, or for that matter the seventh, set the pace. When there's a song playing to a space battle in Frontier, the animation and the music link up. In 7, or when it happened in SDFM, while the music was good and all it felt like most of the time you could have dubbed in any of the performer's other songs to a given scene without substantially changing the end product. I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but it's a real tone-setting song for the series and contributed to me getting into the series despite early misgivings.

Either way is fine with me :) You seem really into the instrumental tracks, Taksraven.

You betcha I love them, they are one of the unsung (pardon the pun) and forgotten parts of Macross. In fact a lot of anime show have good orchestral/instrumental tracks but its always the jpop songs that get the recognition.

Taksraven

You betcha I love them, they are one of the unsung (pardon the pun) and forgotten parts of Macross. In fact a lot of anime show have good orchestral/instrumental tracks but its always the jpop songs that get the recognition.

Taksraven

Yea, and its a real pity! Oh well, orchestral compositions don't have the 'star' power of Jpop songs which is why they get short shrift. Otoh, in MF I think alot of the fight scenes were integrated with (vocal) songs as compared to other animes where fight scenes were instrumental, so I'm not sure if that many people will be clamouring for the instrumental tracks!

• 1 month later...

My favorite has to be Lion. That just gets me pumped every time I hear it. Also love What Bout My Star- particularly the Ranka/Sheryl duet version. One of my favorite scenes in the show.

But no listing for Seikan Hikou? Great song too, IMO.