Help With Stickers

Ginrai

So I finally got a clean scan of the Playmates Exo-Squad Valkyrie sticker sheet. I know a lot of you don't like the Matchbox/Playmates Robotech toy, and that's fine, but I do like its chunky, totally inaccurate toy charm.

I've wanted a Hikaru colored one for ages. A year or two ago I got a scan of the original Matchbox sticker sheet and was disappointed to discover the stripes on the chest plate come factory applied on the Matchbox version, so the sticker sheet didn't have the most important part. But just recently I got the Playmates sticker sheet which DID have the chest stripes.

So I recolored it and took the scan and the original (used) sticker sheet down to Kinko's so they could match the size for me when printing out. What I didn't realize is that Kinko's totally blows and they refused to do it because there's a copyright notice from Playmates on the sticker sheet. Seriously? You jerks won't let me print out a new sticker sheet for crying out loud? What am I gonna do, make a million dollars by printing out a copy of one sticker sheet for a toy I bought? Give me a break.

At any rate, could anyone out there help me out with this? I don't have a printer or sticker paper or anything, but I'd be glad to pony up some cash if someone could just print this thing out for me on sticker paper so I can decorate my Valkyrie.

Attached are two versions of the sticker sheet, one with 001 for Skull Leader and one with 011 for Skull 11 so people can pick which they like if they want to use this. I'm doing 001 myself.

I've also copied and pasted the very edge of the chest plate sticker so there should be enough to cover up the center part of the chest stripe, you know, the part where the bulge for the cockpit goes. On the original Matchbox version there's a striped sticker over that but it's just painted black on the Playmates verison which has always annoyed me. Oh, and I also added some of those UN Spacy logos so you can stick them on the FAST packs. For some dumb reason the Playmates one never came with stickers for the Fast Packs. I guess if you wanted to be anal, the FAST packs should have skull logos on it since this is Hikaru's DYRL colors, but this thing is already inaccurate as hell so I don't really mind.

post-721-1224809291_thumb.jpg

post-721-1224809500_thumb.jpg

That sucks, considering they would probably charge you more than you could actually sell the sheet for is plain silly. IIRC a printers near me had a very similar atttitude. Anyone would think they dont need your business.

They just want to avoid any legal issues. And for all they know maybe you're a corporate employee testing them. I don't know if they do that but they don't give a rat's ass about you other than they have rules and want to keep their jobs.

If you really want them to do it I would say cut out the copyright and take it to another kinko's. If they ask what got cut out, tell them that you started cutting stickers out but wanted to make copies in case you messed up.

Hi Ginrai,

Along what bigkid24 said, you can cover/paint over the copyright in the scan using Paint, Photoshop, GIMP, etc. rather than physically cut it out.

If your original decals are roughly 6.5" x 5"/5.5", your scans are 300 dpi. You can give the printshop both pieces of info. While you're at it, you can also upgrade your decals with the Hasegawa Super VF-1 decals:

vf-1s-strike-decals-thumb.jpg

located in the model pages.

Suggestions:

- upgrade/customize your decals and go with you original sticker plan

- upgrade/customize your decals and use blank water-slide decal sheets (don't forget to clearcoat them)

- use paint for the stripes, and stickers/decals for the markings & kite emblem

There were a few threads describing custom waterslide decals:

Creating Waterslide Decals

How to make Decals???

The toy's kinda cute but the FPs are off and the rest of the armor is missing. Too bad it doesn't transform. :(

Good luck! :)

I'm pretty positive the Hasegawa stickers will not fit at all on this toy since it's not shaped like that at all.

I'm not sure what size the original sheet is off the top of my head, but I will grab a ruler when I get home! Thanks!

As the others said, see if a different kinko's will print this one. Hope you don't mind, I altered it a wee bit. :lol:

post-9929-1224903391_thumb.jpg

As the others said, see if a different kinko's will print this one. Hope you don't mind, I altered it a wee bit. :lol:

Yeah, I will probably try one down by where I work on Monday. What did you change?

Edit: Oh, haha, you removed the copyright notice. Thanks!

Edited by Ginrai

Yeah, I will probably try one down by where I work on Monday. What did you change?

Edit: Oh, haha, you removed the copyright notice. Thanks!

I also removed all the dust from the scan, darkened the black areas, and brightened the colored areas. Should look good printed out on vinyl. :)

Oh, and you're welcome. :D

Edited by Texan