1/60 vf 1a transformation process

beatsing

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.

I'm confused and would like some advice on the new 1 /60 vf 1a transformation process. I'm stuck at step 7 gerwalk to battroid. I can't read japanese so I don't know what the manual says. I don't know how the cockpit/chestplate/ metal piece bend in step 7. I'm not sure what the encircled part in the diagrams are indicating, so I haven't got it to battroid mode yet. Is there a peg or something that releases the cockpit from the chestplate...?

On the positive note, the vf 1a does not appear to have the shoulder problem that is discussed elsewhere in the forum.

The parts on this vf are quite stiff. However, the head pops out everytime the swingbar is lifted out in step 3 of gerwalk to battroid. Although the head can be lifted with the neck hinge to allow the swingbar clearance, the hinge is really stiff, and the head pops off more easily than the hinge moving, the hinge is still at the bottom of the assembly. Although the hinge can move, that is after reaching in there when the head pops off. What can be done about that?

Another question I have is regarding an old vf, not sure if it's a takutoku, as the scale of it is even smaller than the 1/60, and the local store owner can't identify its source but commented that it is almost identical to a tak. Any clues as to its origin?

Thanks

post-10350-1224731358_thumb.jpg

the circled bits are where the friction is holding the unit in place, so just gently pull the front section down as indicated in the pic. SHouldn't need a lot of force to get it down. =-)

the circled bits are where the friction is holding the unit in place, so just gently pull the front section down as indicated in the pic. SHouldn't need a lot of force to get it down. =-)

Thanks Sam for your prompt reply. It worked! It's looks awesome in battroid mode.

Any advice on the head popping issue?

Head popping? Mine doesn't pop off, holds on really well? It just pulls off, no need to do anything special, but if urs is falling off wouldn't be bad idea to clear nail polish the post a *little* bit perhaps?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum.

Welcome

I'm confused and would like some advice on the new 1 /60 vf 1a transformation process. I'm stuck at step 7 gerwalk to battroid. I can't read japanese so I don't know what the manual says. I don't know how the cockpit/chestplate/ metal piece bend in step 7. I'm not sure what the encircled part in the diagrams are indicating, so I haven't got it to battroid mode yet. Is there a peg or something that releases the cockpit from the chestplate...?

Look on youtube.com for the complete transformation sequence. It is very similar to the 1/48.

On the positive note, the vf 1a does not appear to have the shoulder problem that is discussed elsewhere in the forum.

Good news, finally.

The parts on this vf are quite stiff. However, the head pops out everytime the swingbar is lifted out in step 3 of gerwalk to battroid. Although the head can be lifted with the neck hinge to allow the swingbar clearance, the hinge is really stiff, and the head pops off more easily than the hinge moving, the hinge is still at the bottom of the assembly. Although the hinge can move, that is after reaching in there when the head pops off. What can be done about that?

This is actually fine. It makes it less worrisome and probable that you might snap of the head laser.

Another question I have is regarding an old vf, not sure if it's a takutoku, as the scale of it is even smaller than the 1/60, and the local store owner can't identify its source but commented that it is almost identical to a tak. Any clues as to its origin?

Could be a 1/100 Takatoku or Bandai. Or just about any bootleg produced from the original molds.

Thanks

You're welcome, noob. :p

post-10350-1224731358_thumb.jpg

Hi Sam, Nightmareb4,

thanks for the welcome guys. Nightmareb4, your point about the snapping off of the head laser is good. Elsewhere in this forum someone had suggested interchangeable heads, so that is cool. I'd buy those. But please read on.

Sam, thanks for the pointer about nail polish. My vf's head holds the peg pretty good with friction alone, too. It doesn't come off too easily unless I pull it off the peg, or the swingbar pulls it off.

When I'm pulling the swingbar up and away from the body, the swingbar is covered by the back of the head. This problem was asked in a review on collectiondx.com, and the reviewer has a youtube on the vf 1s perfect transformation process (thanks for mentioning this Nightmareb4). The second youtube video review is about the vf1a, and the reviewer removes the head before pulling the swingbar, but the vf1s didn't require removal. So someone asked whether it was perfect trance, and the website reviewer explained that the head lifts up for the swingbar to swing clear. They have a photo of the vf1s's head in and out position from the recess http://www.collectiondx.com/node/2857. However, pulling my vf1a's head (as the "neck" is not accessible nor visible in airplane mode) to allow the swingbar room to clear results in the head coming off and the neck stays in the recess.

The youtube video of the vf1s also shows that the head was not lifted out of the recess prior to the swingbar pulled out. I have looked at the vf1s head and the vf1a head, and the vf1s head does not protrude from the neck as much as the vf1a, so the bar does not pull the head off when the bar is lifted.

I also flipped the neck swivel a few times to loosen its friction, but the same.

Can I ask you guys if you have a vf1a or vf1s? And if you have a vf1a, has yours done that?

thanks