Yamato Yf-19 questions

Rhapsodyred99

Hello all,

I have a first release yf-19, you know the ones with the crooked gun, and was wondering if the 25th anniversary one and the fold booster one is better.

My 19 is so loose that the only way to pose it in bat mode is to have it standing straight up with the hips locked into thier slots,. If I move them out they are so loose the figure will not stand up.

I had thought that the only issue with the first one was the gun, but after seeing some posing pics in the the threads, I begin to wonder if the later releases are just stiffer over all.

I like to pose my valks in interesting poses and having to have the 19 stand at attention just doesnot make me happy.

I was thinking of ebaying it, and then getting a 25th anniversary or the version two. Are they better at posing?

I have the 25th anniversary model. Mine has much stiffer joints overall compared to my 1st edition yf-19... but then my first edition doesn't have wonky hips like you're describing either.

yeah I think I got a dud :p

I have taken to leaving it in fighter mode since it looks fine that way, but now that I have my YF-21 I wanted to pose em together and the hips are just really sad, as well as the joints tha bend forward for the gerwalk mode, just loose as hell.

I have used celar fingernail polish or superglue on loose joints before to good effect, but not sure how it would work on the 19, not to mention taking an expensive toy apart to try to stiffen the joints doesn't really appeal.

Technically, Isamu's is a demonstrator. But they probably mean the blue or orange project supernova schemes. (I'd post a link/pic, but can't find any with a quick search----they're both overall while, with large amounts of either blue or orange accents/striping)