Good places to buy 1/48-1/72 Valks.

logos

Hi:

Kind of new to the thread but I have been reading it for a while.

I finally broke down last year and started buying the 1/48 to 1/72 toys.

So far I have:

YF-0S that I bought off of amazon.com (for about $150 Can plus shipping)

YF-19 and display stand that I bought from tisinc99 (for about $210 Can plus shipping)

Does anyone recommend any other internet sites that I could use or where there are usually good sales? I live in Saskatchewan Canada so my options are usually limited (aka internet only for my anime, manga and scifi novel hobby). I really want to pre order the new MBR-04-Mk.VI Destroid Tomahawk ($113US on tisinc99) and VF-1S Super Valkyrie 1/60 ($149.99 on tisinc99). Just want to know what are the good and trustworthy places to go. Also trying to find a deal if I can.

Also does anyone know of any sites selling and presales on the Macross Frontier toys?

Thanks.

Edited by logos

hey logos welcome to MW

check the Sell, Trade and Buy Macross sections if you havent or you can post stuff that you wanted in there

Doh! Right there and I missed it. Thanks!

there are a lot of good stores. here are two for example but there are lots more.

hobbylink japan

http://www.hlj.com

overdrive

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/

i think both the tomohawk and vf-1s strike from overdrive might be cheaper than tisinc but you might want to check shipping and everything.

Thanks! Checked both sites and the differences in shipping to me make them about the same. The Tomahawk works out about the same (from Tisinc to the others) as shipping to Saskatchewan is about $30-40 for both the sites that you mentioned. I will try them though as my last order with Tisinc did not work out so well.

Edited by logos

I haven't ordered anything from either but Overdrive's shipping estimate seems about the same as HLJ's EMS rate. I think you can save around 20 dollars by going SAL on HLJ. Can someone tell me if they have tried both EMS and SAL and whether they have had problems going cheaper? I don't really care about the speed of the delivery.