Has the length of Macross Frontier ever been confirmed?

I was just wondering, has it ever been revealed as to how long Macross Frontier will be? A lot of sites seem to say 25, but I'm not so sure. (25 would make sense, seeing as its the series 25th Anniversary and the show has been playing around a lot with that number) With that remains one of my main worries of the show. It may end up being too short. 25-26 episodes may not be enough, especially with all the mysteries, character conflicts and conspiracies that have popped up in the show's storyline. (Who or what created the Vajra? The mystery of Mikhail's sister. The incident involving Global and Ranka's past, the rocky relationship between Alto and his father, and lots others) I'm really worried that they might end up rushing the story to a conclusion and leave a lot of loose ends untied.

Then again, I remember reading that Kawamori claimed that the final half of the series will be mega epic and "suprass the past Macross shows." So far, with all of the wonderful surprises I've experienced on this show, I'll cautiously take his word for it......But as of now so far, so good.