First Macross Toy

coffeepot

I would recommend getting the revoltechs then. :D

Save up for the sv-51 and yf-21 in the meantime though.

Forget about 1/60 vf-1 for now. The vf-1 is popular so you'll never have a problem buying it due to how many companies make vf-1 toys. It's the most milked valk of all.

The stuff you should get are the harder-to-make stuff like 19 and 21 which no other company has bothered with yet. The vf-1 can be bought in so many different sizes and shapes that its not funny. But it's your money.... I can tell you that you will love the sv-51 in all modes. It just looks that cool. The wings folding up, the stand that comes with it, the way the boosters sit on the wings, the way the feet look like these demon hooves. It just looks evil.

What type of things do you look for in a toy:

accuracy to the lineart?

ability to transform?

poseablity?

materials? (does it matter how much "heft" it has?)

details?

the mecha design?

affordable price? (definitely get the bandai vf-25 in that case)

Maybe you should wait for more info on the 1/60 vf-11 that yamato is going to come out with before deciding?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Get the new 1/60 VF-1S w/fast packs. According to Graham, it's tight in all three modes.

Or you could get the YF-21, but it seems to me (Because I've owned a 1/48 VF-1) that the new 1/60 VF-1 will have a simpler, more intuitive transformation from one mode to the next and back again.

-Kyp

Hey coffeepot! I'm a new poster around here, too, although I've been lurking for quite awhile before that. I already own a couple of valks that I've purchased over the years, the first being a 1/60 VF-1A CF, and a 1/48 VF-1S Roy Fokker (which I absolutely love). I have a 1/60 YF-19 on order atm, and I'm planning on getting a 1/60 YF-21 here real soon. This year will be an expensive year for me on valks because I plan on getting the 1/60 VF-11B when it comes out, and I'm planning on getting the VF-25's from Bandai once they're released (my poor checking account!) Anyways, welcome to the boards :)