"Rainy Night" and Macross Zero

Vinny

I just watched the episode "Rainy Night." I was wondering where that episode fits in relative to Macross Zero. Does it come before or after Zero? Thanks!

before, because Roy's still flying the F-203 Dragon II and they're still getting the transformation mechanism worked out. By the time Zero happens, Roy's flying the Zero with a full working transformation and the only thing really holding the VF-1 back is the Thermonuke engine developement.

It takes place after.

It invloves the development of the VF-1.

The compendium states:

August

VF-1 series [scheduled to] begin deployment for actual combat. (However, usage is to have been limited to Fighter mode only.)

September

Macross Zero

The United Nations government and Anti-United Nations forces secretly deploy the VF-0 and SV-51 respectively while disputing over a recently discovered phenomenon on the island of Mayan in the South Pacific Ocean. (The events are kept secret for at least five decades.)

Rollout of the first HWR-00 series model.

October

ARMD II commissioned.

November

All-environ variable fighter VF-1 series mass production begins.

November 23

Rollout of the first trial production VF-1A variable fighter.

November 29

Maiden flight of the first trial production VF-1A variable fighter.

OK thanks :) i was a bit confused, because Roy was test flying the VF-1X, and he was scared of flying it, and I was thinking the VF-0 was flown before that and what not and was confused. This clears it up. Thanks again :)

September

Macross Zero

The United Nations government and Anti-United Nations forces secretly deploy the VF-0 and SV-51 respectively while disputing over a recently discovered phenomenon on the island of Mayan in the South Pacific Ocean. (The events are kept secret for at least five decades.)

Rollout of the first HWR-00 series model.

u guys realize we might see the Monster in Zero?