1/144 Macross Monster (enhanced version)

ruskiiVFaussie

It's a recast of the Yellow Sub kit, the metal tubes are a nice touch but are most likely just 4 K and S alluminum tubes....

Yeah, its a recast. I don't have it so know about the quality of the barrels. The one I had is the original kit and it didn't come with metal tubes. But I did saw people here in HOng KOng selling turned aluminium tubes.

That is gorgeous! Really nice looking kit. I am tempted. I wonder how bit it is. Probably quite big because my 1/240 scale monster is already somewhere around 6 inches long (hey now, stop that) so I can imagine that the 1/144 is at least 10 inches (OK thats enough). Do they list the final size when completed?

That is gorgeous! Really nice looking kit. I am tempted. I wonder how bit it is. Probably quite big because my 1/240 scale monster is already somewhere around 6 inches long (hey now, stop that) so I can imagine that the 1/144 is at least 10 inches (OK thats enough). Do they list the final size when completed?

Don't know how large it is, I never tried to check it. Here is a link to the site of someone here in Hong Kong who built it. An he also built a heavy armored valkyrie.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennykennylam2003/sets/

Don't know how large it is, I never tried to check it. Here is a link to the site of someone here in Hong Kong who built it. An he also built a heavy armored valkyrie.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kennykennylam2003/sets/

That'd be a fair bit bigger than a 1/160. My 1/160 is about what, 10 inches long, built up? Not at home right now but will check tonight.

Cheers,

Martyn

The barrels don't taper, I'm not impressed. That sculpt has boxy fronts for the missiles too. Tapered, turned aluminum WITH rifling like the 1/25th models would be awesome (especially for us 1/200 scale owners). I've gotta build three. - MT

That Kenny Lam guy, who finished the Monster has actually a shop selling all sorts of recast kit.

Rumour has it that he is the side-kick for G-System. While G-System sells all own production kits, Kenny Lam sells all the recast kits. Kits are made in China with reasonable pricing, though I have heard mixed revies on their quality.