Macross FlashBack 2012 DVD

Oihan

I got my copy of the R2 DVD today; however, I'm unable to watch it on my PC for it has no RAM (I'm not sure for how long it'll take to get the replacement sticks)...and it's the only one that can view R2 DVDs. Anyway, the reason why I'm posting all of this is because there's a Macross Frontier sticker on the front of the DVD.

I can't read the Kanji, but it looks/reads something like:

25 Kanji

[Macross Froniter]

2008 Kanji 4 Kanji

TBS * MBS Kanji

Kanji!

Since I'm unable to view the DVD right now...I have a couple questions for those of you who have the DVD. Is there any Macross Frontier footage on the DVD? Or is the sticker on there just to let the buyer know that there's a new series coming out? Thanks!

Edit: This is the cover of the DVD case that I'm speaking of. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only here on this message board that grabbed a copy of this DVD.... :/

Edited by Oihan

I got my copy of the R2 DVD today; however, I'm unable to watch it on my PC for it has no RAM (I'm not sure for how long it'll take to get the replacement sticks)...and it's the only one that can view R2 DVDs. Anyway, the reason why I'm posting all of this is because there's a Macross Frontier sticker on the front of the DVD.

I can't read the Kanji, but it looks/reads something like:

Since I'm unable to view the DVD right now...I have a couple questions for those of you who have the DVD. Is there any Macross Frontier footage on the DVD? Or is the sticker on there just to let the buyer know that there's a new series coming out? Thanks!

Edit: This is the cover of the DVD case that I'm speaking of. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only here on this message board that grabbed a copy of this DVD.... :/

Unfortunately I don't have my DVD yet and I could only find a blurry image on Yahoo Japan, but it's just a sticker announcing the new series:

25th Anniversary Project

Macross Frontier

Starting April 2008 on TBS/MBS Stations

There weren't any other footage (Macross Frontier or whatever) besides the Flashback-2012 content.

You only get an ad/flyer for Frontier.

And before you ask, No.

The Flashback-2012 content was not HD-remastered. It's the same content as the original dvd-release. The only new thing is the menu, I think.

post-263-1204158615_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

• 3 weeks later...
Any ISOs of it on the web yet?

NyaaTorrents recently announced a RAW from what I believe is this new Macross Flash Back 2012 DVD. Picture quality is somewhat better than previously available rips but still lags behind the quality found in the AnimEigo SDF Macross DVD set or the remastered DYRL movie.

NyaaTorrents link

I took the liberty of adapting some English subs to this release, please give them a try and let me know if they need some further correction:

Macross Flash Back 2012 English subs

Edited by Strife