Masterpiece Jetfire/Skyfire decal poll

ZedzDead

hi, i am about to make a masterpiece repaint from (of course) the 1/48 yamato VF-1S Hikaru I. valkyrie to round out my TF masterpiece collection. this thread is started b/c i cannot decide whether or not to apply the yamato decals from the valk or to go all G1 w/ the reprolabels. i've never seen one done up like this and wanted to get some feedback. in the end, the poll numbers will decide the scheme for my new repaint. i will give until 3.15.08 and the poll will no longer be valid. i am willing to go either way at this point. choose wisely my fellow macross fans. thanx, zedz

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.ph...=2ℑ=49

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.ph...=2ℑ=93

reprolabels jetfire set

http://www.reprolabels.com/Autobots/jetfire.asp

Edited by ZedzDead

You know what I say brother.....if you're going for the MP JetFire....go JetFire all the way....unless of course you wanna but 1 Macross Kite on the left wing and say that it's a MP Marishito(spelling) JetFire. :D

:ph34r:

Isn't G1 Jetfire a different scale than the Yamato 1/48?

TOTALLY different scale. Zedz is just gonna repaint a 1/48 1S Hikky to look like a JetFire so that he can have a MasterPiece JetFire. And a GREAT idea it is. I have seen a few of them...and they have turned out GREAT!!! BTW.....the original G1 JetFire is a 1/55 scale.

Instead of the reproduction sticker sheet (in 1/55 scale), I'd get a custom waterslide decal set made in the proper scale. If one is going to the trouble of doing a repaint, one needs to consider how some reproduction stickers will hold up in the future.

Oh My :mellow: ...I must'nt have read that first post right the first time. I totally agree with Wicked Ace...if one is doing a repaint one must go all out and not with reprolabels. They would'nt fit anyways. Those reprolabels would fit that 1/55 Cannon Fodder I sold ya brother.

Oh My :mellow: ...I must'nt have read that first post right the first time. I totally agree with Wicked Ace...if one is doing a repaint one must go all out and not with reprolabels. They would'nt fit anyways. Those reprolabels would fit that 1/55 Cannon Fodder I sold ya brother.

As a fellow Chunky Monkey enthusiast, I'm surprised at you; you know making a Yamato Hikaru type 1/48 into a Jetfire is going to require more than just a few stickers. :)

As a fellow Chunky Monkey enthusiast, I'm surprised at you; you know making a Yamato Hikaru type 1/48 into a Jetfire is going to require more than just a few stickers. :)

Oh yes I know.......don't be fooled.......alot of detailed painting, maybe even "rubbing" the nose cone down to make it more accurate. That's what I may go for. Of course though....I am not the one doing this.....so my opinion is not worth while.

Oh yes I know.......don't be fooled.......alot of detailed painting, maybe even "rubbing" the nose cone down to make it more accurate. That's what I may go for. Of course though....I am not the one doing this.....so my opinion is not worth while.

all opinions are worth while, and i couldnt get the poll right in the short amount of time i had to start the thread. i realize the size difference is vast, but i wasnt going to use all the stickers on him, and also, the 1/55 scale valks leg sticker surfaces are quite close. i mainly thought of using the red frlont leg stickers, thrusters, gun, the diagonal feet stickers, and whatever else would be feasable and look good. the base is no problem, neither is getting the labels to work. of course, i will seal them for durability. and instead of going w/ a red visor, i will go the skyfire route and do it in transparent blue. i had to do a few mods to the valk last night as i guess he was the first release of that valk. very loose in some joints. and also the thruster clamp that fits behind the head kept popping out. nothing a little clear nail polish couldnt fix. tight as a virgin now! can i say that? i just did, oh well.........zedz

all opinions are worth while, and i couldnt get the poll right in the short amount of time i had to start the thread. i realize the size difference is vast, but i wasnt going to use all the stickers on him, and also, the 1/55 scale valks leg sticker surfaces are quite close. i mainly thought of using the red frlont leg stickers, thrusters, gun, the diagonal feet stickers, and whatever else would be feasable and look good. the base is no problem, neither is getting the labels to work. of course, i will seal them for durability. and instead of going w/ a red visor, i will go the skyfire route and do it in transparent blue. i had to do a few mods to the valk last night as i guess he was the first release of that valk. very loose in some joints. and also the thruster clamp that fits behind the head kept popping out. nothing a little clear nail polish couldnt fix. tight as a virgin now! can i say that? i just did, oh well.........zedz

Right on....good plan.....although for the prive you would pay for the set of repros you may be able to get a set of waterslide for a reasonable price. I have just started using waterslide decals (on the chara valks) and I will say over and over again. They are AWESOME decals!!! And as far as I'm conserned.....tight as a virgin is a good way to explain something :D

you know, i was thinkin, it might not be too hard to fabricate those simple decals. i have some DOT reflective red decals for my work truck that may be very good to use. plus it would give him a little more eye catching detail. whatcha think? zedz

In this case I think you should do whatever you think pleases you. If you start asking these guys' opinions you are gonna get ALOT of ones that you may have already thought off....some you may not have thought of....and a bunch that you wish you would'nt have heard......So stick with what YOU want and this guy will turn out marviously. I'll get back to you tonight on the waterslide decals.