original macross confusion

mylene's fan

pls help me guys, i'm pretty confused at the moment. i watched robotech many yrs ago (maybe 5-7 yrs ago), but i never watched the original macross til just this past week (in subtitles by anime cartoon)...and i have some questions that have me scratching my head...

over the years i've heard hikaru and misa have a daughter miku. how do we know that? it wasn't in the series...and how do we know misa and hikaru offically ended up. in the last episode he still seems to be pretty in love with minmay when she walks ago...

it says that she captain's a new ship but who tells us that hikaru goes with her?

also,it seems odd that misa wouldn't mind hooking up with him knowing he'll always love minmay a lot

i don't know if i went blind for a moment in the last episode or what, but i remember in robotech that global pushed misa

out of the sdf during the last fight and that he and everyone else died. i didn't see him pushing misa out in the macross episode

why is incest okay in japanese anime? minmay's cousin seem's to have romantic interest in minmay. was that incorporated into robotech? 2 cousins kissing is weird.

why doesn't hikaru take minmay away from ?kyle (i don't know his japanese name) any of the times kyle treats minmay badly in front of his face?

it doesn't seem like minmay had any romantic feelings for hikaru until the episode where he tells her he loves her. she kind of

seemed oblivious to it....is that what you guys think too?

did hikaru fall for misa but didn't realize it until the end?

why did minmay stop singing? i was confused as to why she stopped...

thanks,

erinn

over the years i've heard hikaru and misa have a daughter miku. how do we know that? it wasn't in the series...and how do we know misa and hikaru offically ended up. in the last episode he still seems to be pretty in love with minmay when she walks ago...

Macross Compendium: 2010 - 2012

]it says that she captain's a new ship but who tells us that hikaru goes with her?

Flashback 2012.

also,it seems odd that misa wouldn't mind hooking up with him knowing he'll always love minmay a lot

I think Episode 36 answers this.

i don't know if i went blind for a moment in the last episode or what, but i remember in robotech that global pushed misa

out of the sdf during the last fight and that he and everyone else died. i didn't see him pushing misa out in the macross episode

Robotech had a way of really screwing things up. Episode 36 answers this. The bridge just missed the collision.

why is incest okay in japanese anime? minmay's cousin seem's to have romantic interest in minmay. was that incorporated into robotech? 2 cousins kissing is weird.

More RT mess. Macross Compendium: Linn Kaifun Clearly noted that they have no blood relation.

why doesn't hikaru take minmay away from ?kyle (i don't know his japanese name) any of the times kyle treats minmay badly in front of his face?

Hikaru never saw how Kaifun treated Minmay. Can't intervene when you really don't see what's going on.

it doesn't seem like minmay had any romantic feelings for hikaru until the episode where he tells her he loves her. she kind of seemed oblivious to it....is that what you guys think too?

Love is blind.

did hikaru fall for misa but didn't realize it until the end?

No, the feelings have been there. Just needed a nudge or 2.

why did minmay stop singing? i was confused as to why she stopped...

She did stop singing until 2012 when she left with Megaroad-01. See Flashback 2012.

I would suggest watching SDF Macross from Animeigo or ADV and not from a bootleg. And yes, this is newbie thread material.