vf-17s mods

Erricks

Bandai also made a 1/65 VF-17D toy. No FAST packs were ever made for the toys though.

Wave made a 1/100 scale VF-17D/S battroid mode resin garage kit with FAST packs.

Yellow Submarine made a 1/144 scale resin VF-17D/S fighter mode garage kit with FAST packs.

I have both the above mentioned garage kits. Here's the thread with pics of them.

Graham

I wish I had the skill to create a fast pack set for the Bandai VF-17; has anyone made (or begun to make) a set?

Funny...i thought the VF-17 never came with FAST packs....canon anyway.

The thread graham posted was the 1st i've seen of them. And the fighter mode FAST packs don't look similar to the one in battroid mode.

Yes, the FAST packs are the same for battroid and fighter mode.

The reasons they may look different are as follows: -

1) In battroid mode, the beam cannons extend out from the back-mounted nacelles and angle forward over the shoulders. In fighter mode, the beam cannons retract back fully into the nacelles.

2) The leg mounted FAST packs are on a hinge mount on the lower legs and swing out to attach to the underside of the wings in fighter mode.

Graham

Bandai also made a 1/65 VF-17D toy. No FAST packs were ever made for the toys though.

Wave made a 1/100 scale VF-17D/S battroid mode resin garage kit with FAST packs.

Yellow Submarine made a 1/144 scale resin VF-17D/S fighter mode garage kit with FAST packs.

I have both the above mentioned garage kits. Here's the thread with pics of them.

Graham

man I really wish they had them for the 1/65, I might try to make my own the only thing I foresee being an issue is that the miss. pods are on the outside of the leg on the battroid and on the opposite in fighter.

Yes, the FAST packs are the same for battroid and fighter mode.

The reasons they may look different are as follows: -

1) In battroid mode, the beam cannons extend out from the back-mounted nacelles and angle forward over the shoulders. In fighter mode, the beam cannons retract back fully into the nacelles.

2) The leg mounted FAST packs are on a hinge mount on the lower legs and swing out to attach to the underside of the wings in fighter mode.

Graham

Ohh ok you just answered that question lol