How do I apply stickers to GBP-1S

wolfx

I screwed up putting stickers on to the circular details of the Armour. The sticker is a big square but only has small printed areas on it. Yamato should've cut the middle or something. Anyway I tried pasting the sticker onto the detail, then using a modelling knife to try and cut out the circular area by jabbing it into the recessed lines....bad idea. I scraped abit of the inside out and the result was quite bad. I gave up putting the stickers in those areas.

I saw some members which did a fine job gettting the stickers there. Any tips to share on how to best do it?

I screwed up putting stickers on to the circular details of the Armour. The sticker is a big square but only has small printed areas on it. Yamato should've cut the middle or something. Anyway I tried pasting the sticker onto the detail, then using a modelling knife to try and cut out the circular area by jabbing it into the recessed lines....bad idea. I scraped abit of the inside out and the result was quite bad. I gave up putting the stickers in those areas.

I saw some members which did a fine job gettting the stickers there. Any tips to share on how to best do it?

Can you please provide a pic of the exact area(s) you speak of and I will see if I can help. THANKS.

:ph34r:

I own three and I still don't know what your talking about. :D;)^_^

:ph34r: Ohnoes....ok...the 2 round circular details most obvious on the sides of the chest piece. They're also on the sides of the shoulder pieces and somewhere in the legs (i forgot where).

Hey wolfx, all I did was to cut as close as possible to the art (lines, curved arrows) and then place them according to the provided sticker map. You don't need all that extra clear sticker paper around the "circular areas" a.k.a. vernier thrusters.

Forgive me if i sound like an idiot...but how does one cut circular shapes with an art blade? The blade always goes straight so if I attempted a circle it would be really jagged.

I did what Mechatek described for all of my GBP's. They came out relatively well. When I cut these particular stickers, I cut them while they are still on the sticker sheet. I usually use an X-acto blade and scissors. Before appyling the stickers to those areas be sure to thoroughly wipe the parts down with rubbing alcohol. The toughest stickers to apply to the GBP are the ones that go on the underneath portion of the forearm armor.

I did what Mechatek described for all of my GBP's. They came out relatively well. When I cut these particular stickers, I cut them while they are still on the sticker sheet. I usually use an X-acto blade and scissors. Before appyling the stickers to those areas be sure to thoroughly wipe the parts down with rubbing alcohol. The toughest stickers to apply to the GBP are the ones that go on the underneath portion of the forearm armor.

Those were easy for me. I did the forearm armour with scissors. I did cuts on both sides of where the cavity should be. Pasted the sticker, and folded upwards the sides that would be over the cavity...took an art knife and cut the extra pieces off so there will be no sticker over the cavity.

Its silly that Yamato couldn't just cut the stickers up more so we don't need to do this crap. And they could've cut closer to the printed sides too so I don't need to trim stickers everytime I wanna apply them.