Bandai's Chogokin Aquarion

Dante74

HLJ will have Bandai's Chogokin Aquarion toy back in stock in februari and I was wondering if it's worth getting?

At just over 120 euro's ($173.54) I thinks it's pretty expensive and it doesn't exaclty look like it's the sturdiest toy ever built.

So, who here owns one and if you do, would you recommend it or should I stay away and spend my money on boring stuff like food and my mortgage?

Thanks in advance!

have this, got it ages ago, looks fantastic, still need to take small bits in and out of figure for various modes to make it sturdier ie: little plastic blocks in feet to keep spread apart, underside frames to support in plane mode, but it doesn't like to stand under it owns weight at all! definatly a 'strike a careful pose and hide behind glass ' toy.

just my two cents..

now time to read of this 1/60 !!!

Thanks for the info Sam. Looks like 'll have to pass. I want my toys to be able to do poses and if this one can't do any cool poses than it's not for me.

I own one of these. Whether to get it or not really depends how much you like the Aquarion design IMHO. The toy's complex transformation and sturdy joints are a plus side but don't expect it to be able to stand without the included stand since its a really unstable toy. Its no revoltech either in terms of poseability but its good enough. In other words if you're expecting SOC sturdiness and quality you won't get it. But as a Aquarion toy its good as it gets for now. I change its modes from time to time when I'm bored. ;) The Aquarion Mars (the blue one) weakest and most ugly mode in toy form IMHO.

I own one of these. Whether to get it or not really depends how much you like the Aquarion design IMHO. The toy's complex transformation and sturdy joints are a plus side but don't expect it to be able to stand without the included stand since its a really unstable toy. Its no revoltech either in terms of poseability but its good enough. In other words if you're expecting SOC sturdiness and quality you won't get it. But as a Aquarion toy its good as it gets for now. I change its modes from time to time when I'm bored. ;) The Aquarion Mars (the blue one) weakest and most ugly mode in toy form IMHO.

Well I'm really curious how the transformation on the Aquarion works so that's a big part of why I want one of these.

The fact that it comes with a stand changes things. I Think I'll pre-order it. If I change my mind, I'll just cancel it.

s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d, The pics, your sig links to, also helped!

Thanks guys!