The Anime Trivia Thread

areaseven

Sorry for the delay.  :p

In Char's Counterattack what was Astonaige going to make for Kayra when she returned from battle?

I thought it was Spaghetti myself. :unsure:

Edited by Anubis

Its my turn now right? Umm....here's one asked to a room full of otaku at Ohayocon this past year, which surprisingly...no one had an answer to but me.

Name 5 japanese anime studios, but heres the catch: You can't use Gonzo, Ghibli, Gainax, and Pioneer.

Edited by maxjenius81

See what i mean, you forgot a few, but its easy. There I am in a room full of otaku, and theyre stumped. The five i came up with were:

Studio Nue

Studio Tatsunoko

Studio Fantasia

Toei Animatoin

Sunrise

Ok, umm...

In Future Grand Prix Cyber Formula Double One's Original Opening, what is the name on the car shown with the rising sun in the background, and what is unique about that character?

Eh no one watches Cyber Formula :D . Anyway, the answer to the question is Marie Albert Luisa. Whats interesting is at this point she is little more than just a name on the car and a single picture. For the next three seasons you can play spot Marie till she finally becomes a major on-screen precense, without speaking :blink:

Next question:

What 1970s anime played a VERY large role in inlfuencing Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Good call, pts for knowing it and the such.  Your up to bat.  Btw, off topic, thoughts on the series A7?

The Rose of Versailles is a masterpiece on its own. Great story, great animation and excellent music.

Now on to the next question:

In Urotsukidoji, when... Scratch that one.

Name two anime titles featuring the voices of Shinichiro Miki, Satsuki Yukino and Michiko Neya.

Edited by areaseven

Damn, right on the money. They were also in R.O.D -The TV-

Who'd Neya Michiko play in the TV series? She's Nancy in the OVA.

Ball's on your court, JELEINEN.

Name four black (the term African American may or may not be applicable) anime characters and the shows they appear in.

Col. Millard(?) Johnson (Macross Plus)

Lt.(?) Claudia LaSalle (SDF Macross)

Rolan Cehack (Turn A Gundam)

Adm. John Kowen (Gundam 0083)

Edited by Capt_Bob

Phil Fritz from Future Grand Prix Cyber Formula SAGA

Grey Stanbeck from Future Grand Prix Cyber Formula.

Kim from Area 88 TV

Bowie Emerson from Super Dimensional Cavalry Southern Cross

Ray Lovelock from Macross 7

I know Capt_Bob and maxjenius81 beat me to the punch, but here are my answers:

Tapp Oceano (Metal Armor Dragonar)

Arthur (Mobile Suit Gundam F91)

Dee Jay (Street Fighter II: The Movie)

Balrog (Street Fighter II: The Movie)

Axel Hawk (Fatal Fury II)

Dark Eyes (Crying Freeman)

When was the first (Chronological) appearance of Gekiganger V?

Or if this one is too hard...

Name the Earth Federation's first ever Mobile Suit (Hint, it's not the Gundam, Guntank, Guncannon, or Ball).

Wll it depends on how you want to look at it. Im not 100% sure on the exact date of first deployment, but the RX-75 Guntank was developed in 0075 (hence the 75 number) and the Guncannon being developed in 0077. Im not sure these equate to actual deployment dates as the feddies never took MS seriously until the One Week War where they whipped the feddies ass. Speaking cannon and 100% cannon, its the RX-75 unless you dont conisder it an MS then its the RX-77 Guncannon.

Speakin non-cannon, which I;m more than happy to agree to as it has made an appearance in additional games beyond Tactics Mobility Fleet 0079, the RRF-05 Zani (Zanny).

Edited by maxjenius81