Exsedol

How do you feel about Basara?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Basara?

• Basara Rules!
    • Basara is annoying
    • I friggin HATE Basara!
    • Don't care either way

Ok, so I recently downloaded all of Macross 7 because I was interested in the continuation of Max and Milia's story. I can't bring myself to keep watching after the first episode because of how annoying Basara is. WTF!? Why is he so annoying? Other series' main characters have annoyed me before but this is the ONLY anime series that I have ever watched where I outright hated the main character starting from the very first episode! Anyone know the episodes that have the most focus on Max or Milia so I can just watch those and have to put up with Basara as little as possible?

Ok, so I recently downloaded all of Macross 7 because I was interested in the continuation of Max and Milia's story. I can't bring myself to keep watching after the first episode because of how annoying Basara is. WTF!? Why is he so annoying? Other series' main characters have annoyed me before but this is the ONLY anime series that I have ever watched where I outright hated the main character starting from the very first episode! Anyone know the episodes that have the most focus on Max or Milia so I can just watch those and have to put up with Basara as little as possible?

Keep watching. All but the most ardent Macross 7 fans will tell you that the first twelve or thirteen episodes are a little tough to get through. It DOES get better after that, but you may not notice it at first...and yes, it remains pretty goofy throughout, which may or may not be a turn-off for you. A lot of the series is just flat-out awesome IMHO, though.

And unfortunately, there are no real Max'n'Milia episodes. Milia has some very good scenes about a quarter of the way through the series, and Max really comes into his own towards the end, but that's about it.

Keep watching. All but the most ardent Macross 7 fans will tell you that the first twelve or thirteen episodes are a little tough to get through. It DOES get better after that, but you may not notice it at first...and yes, it remains pretty goofy throughout, which may or may not be a turn-off for you. A lot of the series is just flat-out awesome IMHO, though.

And unfortunately, there are no real Max'n'Milia episodes. Milia has some very good scenes about a quarter of the way through the series, and Max really comes into his own towards the end, but that's about it.

There are a few Max'n'Milia gems hidden throughout the series.

Despite being divorced, it's heavily implied that they still both have feelings for each other and that they only separated due to their jobs. Actually, their interactions are one of the high points of the series IMO.

There are a few Max'n'Milia gems hidden throughout the series.

Despite being divorced, it's heavily implied that they still both have feelings for each other and that they only separated due to their jobs. Actually, their interactions are one of the high points of the series IMO.

Yeah, but you can't really tell someone, "OK, go check out episodes 15, 19, 27, 31, and 74," which I think is what lanis was looking for.

One of the annoying things about Macross 7, I suppose...there's a lot of filler, but there's nothing you can really skip, since every episode has at least one big important point in it...(except episode 39...that one simply made no sense.)