Bandai 1/55 Re-Issues

misterryno

Can anyone tell me why the 1/55 Re-Issues are sooooooo hard to find for a good price???

:ph34r: MisterRyno :ph34r:

It is something to do with their age and what they represent... they are a remake of the first transforming valkyrie.

try these guys.. they are probably the cheapest online place for Bandai 1/55 reissues left.

http://www.chibitokyo.com/index.asp?PageAc...mp;Category=511

It is something to do with their age and what they represent... they are a remake of the first transforming valkyrie.

try these guys.. they are probably the cheapest online place for Bandai 1/55 reissues left.

http://www.chibitokyo.com/index.asp?PageAc...mp;Category=511

I like that site.....what do you think about Toynami VS Bandai? I REALLY like the look of the Lancer by Toynami.

The Toynami masterpiece (MPC) are usually frowned upon due to some bad quality control issues, but personally i have never had a problem with them and i have 4. The Bandai 1/55's are totally superior in quality and size (the Bandai's absolutely dwarf the Toynami alphas), not to mention the fact that they are a "classic", so i'd go for one of those first. The Toynami MPC range come in the most beautiful boxes ever designed and are now also quite the collectors items. Its a choice between quality, style and cost, so like i said.. if I were you i'd get a Bandai first and then a Toynami.

Hope this helps.

I like that site.....what do you think about Toynami VS Bandai? I REALLY like the look of the Lancer by Toynami.

You'll be better off with the Bandais. The design was rock solid 20 years ago and it still is today. The Toynami versions have, as Vermillion stated, quality control issues and just aren't as sound as the Bandais. The Alpha/Legioss' don't look as good in person as they do in pictures. The only Toynami pieces I picked up were the SF-7 and the YF-1R because of the unique color schemes...

You can totally do better than those prices on ebay.

True, its not too hard to find a cannon fodder or a hikaru VF-1A for less than 40 + shipping.

or you could check the for sale section here, i just picked up a reissue 1/55 Hikaru Vf-1J from a member here for $59 shipped to canada.

As far as the MPCs go...if you really want a Max and Millia and dont want to spend a lot, go Toynami. I think i picked up both for less than $100. (But, it'll be impossible to find the FAST packs and i doubt they will ever reissue them.)

The MPC Alphas and Shadow fighters are crap. They may look good in pictures, but they are terrible pieces of junk covered in QC issues. (But those boxes sure are neat :lol: )

True, its not too hard to find a cannon fodder or a hikaru VF-1A for less than 40 + shipping.

or you could check the for sale section here, i just picked up a reissue 1/55 Hikaru Vf-1J from a member here for $59 shipped to canada.

As far as the MPCs go...if you really want a Max and Millia and dont want to spend a lot, go Toynami. I think i picked up both for less than $100. (But, it'll be impossible to find the FAST packs and i doubt they will ever reissue them.)

The MPC Alphas and Shadow fighters are crap. They may look good in pictures, but they are terrible pieces of junk covered in QC issues. (But those boxes sure are neat :lol: )

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!

RDClip,

Yeah I was totally thinking about that last night after I posted this topic about the fast packs.....disappointing that they probably will not be redoing those :( Well......I will just have to stick with the good ol 1/55's and DEFINITELY the 1/48's.

I bought the 3 MPC VF-1s I have for less than msrp at conventions, and one day when a friend of mine gave me a heads up at a local gamestop. The quality after the Rick Hunter version definitely went up. I would have been regretful if I payed full MSRP, but for the prices I bought them for, they aren't bad.

They do have features that fans wished the bandais had. However the bandais have the highest amount of durability for valkyrie toys, and also have nostalgia going for them. Quality is very high, the gloss finish is nice, and many of the details were painted and tampo printed on.

By the time the reissues came out, Yamato was picking up steam, so the Bandai reissues did not do as well as the Bandai fans hoped.

The Bandai has a lot going for it, I say buy your favorite version of the Bandai reissues.

Does anyone think that paying $180 shipped for a Reissue Miria 1/55 is crazy???
<-----------------------Also.....what does everyone think about the Toynami Masterpiece 1/55 M&M's???

I tried to contact Ratchet...I think that they have already sold. $350 for the both of them eh......you lookin for any trades? Cash has not been my best friend lately.

yhap, way too expensive...rachet have it for $300 both...maybe shipping cost he can give a better rate :)

if you interested, i can get another extra set for both $350 included shipping

Just tell your friend that you REALLY want the Predaking set. :D

honsetly the items is not mine, belong to my friend and he want to get rid of this 2 :)

if were mine, i would love to trade w/ your predaking set :)