• U.S. M2/M3
    • British Warrior
    • German Puma
    • U.S. Stryker
    • Russian BMP-3
    • Swiss Stridsfordon 90
    • French VĂ©hicule BlindĂ© de Combat d'Infanterie
    • Singaporean Bionix II

This one's difficult for me to sort out which is best. I can only pick one I prefer since I've seen it alot... the M2 Bradley.

The thing is, AFV's come have more varied duties and expectations than MBTs. As time progressed after WWII, everyone has been moving towards a single MBT (or as few as possible) for their militaries, unlike in WWII.

AFVs? I see them in 2 categories.

a) Battlefield Taxi - Armor for protection of its cargo; minimal to light armament. Great example are the old M113's made by the US.

b) "Swiss Army Knives" - AFVs that are more heavily armored than Battlefield Taxis, much heavier armament that sometimes includes ATGMs. They're designed to shuttle in infantry as well as provide support, even AT duties. They're also more expensive. Examples are the M2 Bradleys.

Then there are some that are amphibious.

Which form is best? That's up in the air, but they're all vulnerable to far more things than tanks are.

Never been a big fan of IFV or AVF.

I'm more of a fan of the "Battle field taxi." No real complaints about the AAV aka Tuna Boat, though, especially with a Mk 19. Leave the vehicle fighting to MBTs.