Club-M Q-Rau question

redfinger61

So no one here seems to be to sensitive abuot recasts around here so I will give this question a go....

I recently won a Club-M recast of the 1/72 Q-Rau off of e-bay, I am looking at the model and other thatn being a less than perfect recast, the model seems different when compared to the yamo toy version(which I understand in the DYRL version), and more similar to the SDF Macross series.....however the pilot, is definetly modeled after DYRL...so my question is thus; is the club-m version based on the series or DYRL....seeing as I need to put a bit of work in anyway to clean it all up, I figured I might as well getting looking like the DYRL version....

any tips guys?

Ashton

the club-M is definitively the DYRL version even on the pilot side. The mecha suit head, markings on the wrist and lower legs are the giveaway and Mirya is a bit more stylized on the club-M version; (actually close to the pic posted below). The seam lines on the recast don't fit perfectly so you'll need to putty and sand some; specially on the booster/ missile back pack. The heavy pieces like the legs,arms and back have to be pinned so when you attach them and glue them they can stand the weight.

Is a tedious work but the end can really surprise you, specially in a model on that size..

post-104-1187995980_thumb.jpg