LOTR DVD's Gonna wait for a boxed set or?

GobotFool

45 members have voted

1. 1. LOTR DVD's Gonna wait for a boxed set or?

• You gonna pick up all 3 normal versions individually?
    • You gonna pick up all 3 extended versions individually?
    • Gonna wait for the boxed set of the normal versions?
    • Gonna wait for the boxed set of the extended versions?
    • Get them individually, then cave and buy the uber boxset?
    • Rent them and enjoy until the uber boxset is released?
    • could care less?

Well it's a bit irritating when a "better" DVD version comes out, but it's not like anyone holds a gun to our heads and "makes" us buy it. I think having the option for better footage is good. It'd be nice if you got a discount when owning the previous one, but noone "making" us buy the new one either. For example, Terminator 2. I'm happy with the Ultimate Edition that I got and can live without the Extreme Edition.

When I first got my DVD player in 99 I got Stargate (have to flip the disc and has minimal extras). Now that they have a much much better version out isn't any reason to curse the creators. The SW Ep 1 and Ep 2 DVDs are damned good on content, too. If Lucas releases a Diamond Encrusted Ultimate Special Edition with more footage I may or may not buy it, but having the option is never a bad thing is it?

As far as LotR, my only beef is that they're not released at the same time, when I can't think of a good reason why they should be. I'm just thankful I have impatient friends whose theatrical release DVDs I can borrow to pass the time with until the EE release. :D

Hey, does anybody know if the extended version uber cool boxset is going to be 12 discs? I'm just saying because the first movie came with four discs, so I'm guessing the second one has four for the extended one and of course the last one has to follow and have four as well. anybody know?